Scariest fight taken on short notice?

Pennisland

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'd say Koscheck taking on Thiago Alves on 2 weeks when Thiago was KO'ing guys.
Who you got?

Anderson Silva v. James Irvin/Stephan Bonnar

Mike Kyle agreeing to fight Bigfoot

In hindsight I think it was probably Junior Dos Santos vs Werdum. Werdum didn't know the baddest heavyweight on the planet was stepping up on short notice to whup his butt(Werdum's).

Wanderlei taking on Hunt

What I was thinking.

Also, didn't Jamie Varner say he was a little scared going into the fight with Barboza because he's been a monster in the UFC and he felt he most likely won't win? I think he said that in the post-fight press conference but I could be mistaken.

Spaniard vs. Story

Brenneman literally only had a day to prepare facing Story who was on a roll.

Weidman had to cut 30+ lbs to fight Maia, a top 10 fighter who can have ended his undefeated streak. Probably not so much 'scary' and more so 'risky'.

Was Mir a short notice fight against JDS? I can't remember.

I'm sorry TS I just couldn't read anything past your user name....

seriously? Penn Island? Didn't think that one through... or did you

todd duffee had 2 weeks to prepare for the reem

Wanderlei taking on Hunt

This has to be the right answer.

On only 3 days notice, Wanderlei went from thinking he was gonna fight Sakuraba, to fighting a K-1 guy 100+ pounds bigger who could have knocked his friggin head off.

yeah nothing comes close to wanderlei taking on hunt, maybe krazyhorse fighting gomi in 2 days notice

Even though the fight didn't take place, Chael agreeing to fight Jones was a bit suicidal...

Uh, Vitor/Bones.

I think Eilers fought Arlovski on short notice, that was ugly.

Manhoef took a fight against Hunt on short notice too and knocked him out.

This has to be the right answer.

On only 3 days notice, Wanderlei went from thinking he was gonna fight Sakuraba, to fighting a K-1 guy 100+ pounds bigger who could have knocked his friggin head off.
At least he was preparing for a fight already.

Back