SCARFACE (David Ayer No Longer Directing; Diego Luna to Star)

I feel like it did, I didn't see it for the first time until 2 years ago and thought it felt like a big gangster epic.

It's fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

My apologies....the 80s version

It's confusing!

I agree with you though. I still can watch a load of 80s movies and enjoy them. I quite like the cheesy music etc, but Scarface is almost too much and too cheesy. Solid rather than spectacular.

Remakes and remakes of remakes. Is it lack of original ideas or a cash grab? Both?

InWuNl9.gif

It's confusing!

I agree with you though. I still can watch a load of 80s movies and enjoy them. I quite like the cheesy music etc, but Scarface is almost too much and too cheesy. Solid rather than spectacular.

80s Scareface was edited like it was needing to cut to commercial......needed longer scenes and characterization. My 0.02

It can't be much worse than the last version

When I was young and it first came out, I really enjoyed it. It has aged really, really poorly.

I tried watching it again a few years ago and just couldn't get through it.

training day and end of watch were good, but i dont know how to describe the problem i have with his film making style that ruined suicide squad and make me worry about this movie

his style seems too "zoomed in" like theres so much that is supposed to be going on outside what we are shown, and just accept. the characters never really seem to have a full grasp on whats going on. like in suicide squad, they dont bring up the flooded tunnel until right before that guy does it. or the characters are suddenly best friends and willing to die for each other even though they just had a few fights together. it just feels like a stream of constant revelations with all this shit happening off camera

theres also a bunch of time skips that come kinda abruptly so the viewer cant really follow whats going to happen in advance

it worked for training day and end of watch because they were about cops going into the underworld and being confused along with the viewer...

You cannot be fucking serious

There are certain movies and songs that you just can't remake. You can't do it justice

There's no way this remake will be any good at all

Just the fact that they are trying to remake scarface makes it completely gay

They would have been better off taking that same movie and nameling it something else

Lord.

It was doomed from the beginning considering it was a remake. Just go watch the original.

Back