SCARFACE (David Ayer No Longer Directing; Diego Luna to Star)

The original Scarface has aged miserably. I loved it back in the day, but it's unwatchable now.

Welcome this version.

They're gonna have their handz full re-making that classic.

The original Scarface has aged miserably. I loved it back in the day, but it's unwatchable now.

Welcome this version.
Bullshit. That movie still holds up.

I'll pass on this...

Normally I would say fuck this but somehow I think Diego Luna can pull it off.

They're gonna have their handz full re-making that classic.

They remade (and improved) True Grit. I wouldn't have thought that possible.

There's nobody I trust more than these guys. Nobody.

Can't wait till they remake THE GODFATHER, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, or any other classics (classic because they weren't made in this shitty era of filmmaking).

I bet this will be a rap / gangsta wangsta version of it to cater to all of the hip hop idiots who were twenty years late to the party in discovering this film.

They remade (and improved) True Grit. I wouldn't have thought that possible.

There's nobody I trust more than these guys. Nobody.
No doubt on True Grit... I'm wicha there bro.

Looking foreward to it even more now.

Pacino's Scarface is overrated. I love the 80's era Miami and whatnot but people talk about Scarface as some all time great gangster flick and it isn't.

Hopefully they do a better job this time around.

And Oscar Issac please.

that's how I feel. Scarface is fun. It's an enjoyable, quotable film. I see it as stylized, entertaining trash. But when people mention it in the same breath as Goodfellas or The Godfather, I can't agree.

Because I don't see it as some untouchable classic, I don't mind a remake/reimagining, updating it to the our current time period. Coens are quality, but if they are writing it, why the hell aren't they directing it?

Have to say though that I think Berg is underrated. I thought Lone Survivor was very intense and thought Patriot's Day was quite good.

Scarface is a comedy and Tony Montana is one of the funniest characters in movie history

upgrading the original true grit isnt that big of a feat imo- that movie hardly compares to the original scarface.

Update: May 19, 2017

SCARFACE Gets SUICIDE SQUAD and END OF WATCH Direct David Ayer

LhLMvV3.jpg

After tackling supervillains with Suicide Squad, David Ayer is heading back to the streets of Los Angeles.

Ayer, who won acclaim penning the hard-hitting Training Day and making gritty movies such as End of Watch, is in talks to direct Universal's Scarface, which is trading in its Miami locale for the streets of L.A.

Scarface tells the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, which has seen previous versions made in 1932 and 1983, the latter of which came from director Brian De Palma and starred Al Pacino.

Diego Luna is still attached to play the west coast Latino gangster, with Jon Herman penning the most recent rewrite of the remake. Dylan Clark will produce via his Dylan Clark Productions, along with Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 Scarface film.

The search for the Scarface director has been a long one. Equalizer and Training Day director Antoine Fuqua was attached to the project, before dropping out due to scheduling conflicts at the beginning of this year. Hell or High Water director David MacKenzie and Patriots Day helmer Peter Berg were also at one point circling the project.

After directing the Warner Bros. anti-hero ensemble Suicide Squad, Ayer is heading to computer screens everywhere with the Netflix fantasy movie Bright, starring Will Smith. He is also attached to a Warner's remake of the western The Wild Bunch and to re-team with his Suicide Squad star Margot Robbie for Gotham City Sirens, which will be lead by Robbie's Harley Quinn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-ayer-talks-universals-scarface-1005472

This will be merged with the official thread after a few days.

Awesome!

In before anti-Suicide Squad croniez stink up the place. That waz a great movie.

"Scarface Remake Gets Suicide Squad Director"

every word in this sentence insures this will be a crappy film.

Last edited:
<LikeReally5>
<{clintugh}>
<DrakeLaugh>
<{katwhu}>
<{MindBrown}>
<TrumpWrong1>
<StannisFrown>
<38>
You critics are so far into being critics that you can't even sit down & enjoy a good movie for what it is.

Go ahead & quote 27 little tiny miniscule thingz you didn't like about it... I'll be right here to let you know you're looking at it too deep & missing the whole enjoyment of the experience.

Update: May 19, 2017

SCARFACE Gets SUICIDE SQUAD and END OF WATCH Direct David Ayer

David-Ayer-Scarface-051917-Dragonlord.jpg

After tackling supervillains with Suicide Squad, David Ayer is heading back to the streets of Los Angeles.

Ayer, who won acclaim penning the hard-hitting Training Day and making gritty movies such as End of Watch, is in talks to direct Universal's Scarface, which is trading in its Miami locale for the streets of L.A.

Scarface tells the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, which has seen previous versions made in 1932 and 1983, the latter of which came from director Brian De Palma and starred Al Pacino.

Diego Luna is still attached to play the west coast Latino gangster, with Jon Herman penning the most recent rewrite of the remake. Dylan Clark will produce via his Dylan Clark Productions, along with Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 Scarface film.

The search for the Scarface director has been a long one. Equalizer and Training Day director Antoine Fuqua was attached to the project, before dropping out due to scheduling conflicts at the beginning of this year. Hell or High Water director David MacKenzie and Patriots Day helmer Peter Berg were also at one point circling the project.

After directing the Warner Bros. anti-hero ensemble Suicide Squad, Ayer is heading to computer screens everywhere with the Netflix fantasy movie Bright, starring Will Smith. He is also attached to a Warner's remake of the western The Wild Bunch and to re-team with his Suicide Squad star Margot Robbie for Gotham City Sirens, which will be lead by Robbie's Harley Quinn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-ayer-talks-universals-scarface-1005472

This will be merged with the official thread after a few days.

Remaking Scarface is a real laugh. Who is going to fill those shoes? You are not going to better the original, so a remake is just a cash grab. I will not be giving this movie a chance.

No way this is a hit with old cats like me. It's like redoing Reservoir Dogs or Goodfellas.......yeah im getting old.....you damned whipper snappers with your smartphones and twiiter and all that.....

Making it in LA? Scareface is about the Cuban invasion when Castro let all the criminals go to FLA.......

You critics are so far into being critics that you can't even sit down & enjoy a good movie for what it is.

Go ahead & quote 27 little tiny miniscule thingz you didn't like about it... I'll be right here to let you know you're looking at it too deep & missing the whole enjoyment of the experience.
head-shake-gif-552.gif

Back