SCARFACE (David Ayer No Longer Directing; Diego Luna to Star)

The Scarface with Pacino was already a remake and Im sure plenty of older guys at the time were enraged that the movie was being remade, so I will hold judgment on this

The story of an inmigrant who becomes a drug lord actually fits with Mexico and LA nowadays just like it did with Cuba and Miami in the 80s, so again Im holding judgment on this. Stop the hating

"Scarface" with Pacino was itself a remake. Just saying. It did become a classic, more that that, though.

p.s. I do agree that the gaywad from "Milk" playing Tony Montana is "what in the flying fuck" moment.
"The pic is a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 films." Yeah, i get that it's a remake, but the first wasn't widely known as a classic and was put out 51 years prior to the second one, which if you're going to do a remake, seems reasonable. I get irritated at all the remakes of movies that haven't even been out that long and that have a cult following, such as this, Point Break, Old Boy, Roadhouse, Ghostbusters, etc. It gets to be a bit much.

"The pic is a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 films." Yeah, i get that it's a remake, but the first wasn't widely known as a classic and was put out 51 years prior to the second one, which if you're going to do a remake, seems reasonable. I get irritated at all the remakes of movies that haven't even been out that long and that have a cult following, such as this, Point Break, Old Boy, Roadhouse, Ghostbusters, etc. It gets to be a bit much.
Guess what!
There is a saying that goes something like, "all new things are very well forgotten old ones".

But I do join you in your indignation with all those great movies being remade by a bunch of SWJ-gaywad- feminist-millennial-cucks.

p.s. there was a good point made itt: Mexican immigration, "War on Drugs" and "Cartels Drug wars", etc.
¿Por Que No?

p.p.s.s. Throw in current "hold-ups" in airports, the protagonist can be from the Middle East, bringing in Afghani poppy products through former US military base personnel, or something like that.

Only dude that should be playing in a new Scarfacr is Oscar Issac. Dude is amazing.

07-oscar-isaac-chatroom-silo.w1200.h630.png

Only dude that should be playing in a new Scarfacr is Oscar Issac. Dude is amazing.

07-oscar-isaac-chatroom-silo.w1200.h630.png
Oscar has that kingpin swagger to him in a most violent year jessica Chastain was bad broad in that too
Jessica-Chastain.gif

tumblr_nhubdm4EH01st5z40o3_400.gif

I don't know if I can see him as scarface after watching him jack off in "Y tú mama tambien"

Update: February 10, 2017

Coen Brothers to Pen SCARFACE Remake Script; Release Date Revealed

Coen-Brothers-Scarface-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal Pictures‘ previously “Untitled Universal Event Film” has been announced as Scarface, which is set to star Diego Luna (Rogue One, Blood Father) as the title gangster.

The Scarface remake release date will be Friday, August 10, 2018, and also boasts a script work by none other than the Coen Brothers!

An explosive reimagining of one of the most iconic sagas in film history, Universal Pictures’ Scarface shoots from a script polished by four-time Academy Award winners Joel Coen & Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men, Fargo).

Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 film, serves in the same capacity in the telling of this generation’s Scarface, which the studio first brought to the screen in 1932.

Director Antoine Fuqua exited the project due to his commitment to Sony Pictures‘ upcoming The Equalizer sequel. A search is now underway for a helmer to board the project immediately as the studio is reportedly keen on getting the new Scarface into production in the very near future.

Scarface Remake Gets Coen Brothers Script and August 10, 2018 Release Date

Peter Berg and David MacKenzie Frontrunners to Direct SCARFACE Remake

G12aLJw.jpg

Hell or High Water filmmaker David MacKenzie and director Pete Berg are the front-runners to helm Universal’s remake of Scarface, which has an August 10, 2018 release.

Antoine Fuqua was to have sat behind the camera but departed last week to focus on Sony’s sequel to 2014’s The Equalizer, which he also directed.

MacKenzie and Berg are meeting with Universal execs, setting up an interesting competition of sorts. Berg has a relationship with the studio having directed its releases Battleship and Lone Survivor. But interestingly, he acted as MacKenzie’s boss when in 2015 he hired the man to direct Commancheria, the movie that eventually became Hell or High Water.

Funnily, however, and in true Hollywood fashion, MacKenzie had trouble getting though many studio doors as early as last summer. In fact, MacKenzie tried to get the Scarface directing gig but was passed over, with the studio settling on the more experienced Fuqua in early August 2016.

High Water was released weeks later, becoming a breakout sleeper hit and earning Jeff Bridges an Oscar nomination. It also put MacKenzie on the Hollywood map, with the filmmaker fielding scripts from almost studio in town … and in full circle fashion, back in play for Scarface.

Scarface is the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, with previous versions made in 1932 and 1983. This one is a modern story set in Los Angeles and focuses on a Latino gangster.

'Scarface' Remake: 'Hell or High Water' Helmer, Peter Berg Are Frontrunners to Direct (Exclusive)

Peter Berg and David MacKenzie Frontrunners to Direct SCARFACE Remake

Peter-Berg-Scarface-021017-Dragonlord.jpg

Hell or High Water filmmaker David MacKenzie and director Pete Berg are the front-runners to helm Universal’s remake of Scarface, which has an August 10, 2018 release.

Antoine Fuqua was to have sat behind the camera but departed last week to focus on Sony’s sequel to 2014’s The Equalizer, which he also directed.

MacKenzie and Berg are meeting with Universal execs, setting up an interesting competition of sorts. Berg has a relationship with the studio having directed its releases Battleship and Lone Survivor. But interestingly, he acted as MacKenzie’s boss when in 2015 he hired the man to direct Commancheria, the movie that eventually became Hell or High Water.

Funnily, however, and in true Hollywood fashion, MacKenzie had trouble getting though many studio doors as early as last summer. In fact, MacKenzie tried to get the Scarface directing gig but was passed over, with the studio settling on the more experienced Fuqua in early August 2016.

High Water was released weeks later, becoming a breakout sleeper hit and earning Jeff Bridges an Oscar nomination. It also put MacKenzie on the Hollywood map, with the filmmaker fielding scripts from almost studio in town … and in full circle fashion, back in play for Scarface.

Scarface is the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, with previous versions made in 1932 and 1983. This one is a modern story set in Los Angeles and focuses on a Latino gangster.

'Scarface' Remake: 'Hell or High Water' Helmer, Peter Berg Are Frontrunners to Direct (Exclusive)
It always mystifies me how they pick directors in Hollywood. Probably scheduling and "who's hot right now" has a lot to do with it.

The Coen Bros. script is a good foundation but to my mind neither of these guys feels like the right choice.

Love Scarface
Love the Coen Brothers
Hate this stupid fuckin shit bullshit right here

Why the hell are they remaking Scarface? Are you kidding me?

Edit: Before anyone quotes me and tells me it's a remake. I know.

I'm a big coen bros fan but this is so lame. Scarface is a great movie, the remake will not stand up.

I can't stand how Hollywood is so lacking in creativity now that they just remake every old movie that was successful... how about have the coen brothers write an original script about cocaine smuggling, why does it have to be scarface?

Will watch. Coens brothers Scarface is a cool concept just based on their style. Just like if Quentin Tarantino re-made any movie ever.

I wouldn't doubt the remake exceeds the original. They pulled it off with True Grit.

Pacino's Scarface is overrated. I love the 80's era Miami and whatnot but people talk about Scarface as some all time great gangster flick and it isn't.

Hopefully they do a better job this time around.

And Oscar Issac please.

Back