Scared or hate flying?

I hate heights but I don't mind flying. Once you're so high up it doesn't seem like you're actually that high (at least to me).

That being said, this video makes my nuts tingle.

Last edited:
OK sherdog I hate flying. I'm already scared of heights but flying takes the cake. I have flown multiple times but every time the door closes I wanna freak out and punch someone. I at least faced my fear multiple times but I don't like it any more.

I need to fly more if I'm taking gaming even more serious but ugh.

Anyone else?
Sounds more like claustrophobia. I have a fear of heights but have no problem flying I really don't feel like in that high up.

Flying is a million times safer than driving. Proven fact.

Face your fear head on. Go skydiving. Fear of planes and heights overcome in 30 minutes

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is not a rational act.

Ive had a couple scary experiences on planes.. Once while landing in ft. Worth, gust of wind hits the plane exactly when the wheels touch the ground, plane proceeds to hop on the wheels while the nose gets turned. The pilot throttled up and just took off again and I shit you not as soon as we were off the ground again he says "yee haw! We're going to try that one again folks" We circled back around and landed perfect . Also, if you ever land in el paso,(which is my closest major airport) just expect a bumpy ride.
That is fckn hilarious.

I hate flying because I'm 6'5". After a few hours my legs cramp up and its awful.

I know the measures the airlines use to avoid maintenance procedures. Most of the checks aren't carried out, someone at a desk just pencil whips the forms.

Statistically, you’re more likely to get killed in a car wreck. I hate flying because I just hate the long waits at the airport. I don’t know why they tell you to check in at least 1-2 hours before the flight. I just end up waiting for 1-2 hours. The one time I got there a few minutes before the flight and I got on no problem, minus having to run to the gate.

See a therapist. Not that this issue is particularly worth the hassle of seeing a therapist... But knowing how to control and regulate your anxiety will help you out in all aspects of life, not just flying

You think?
Maybe, but I didn't, and I was on a plane once a month for years. I'm not the type to let it really show that I'm scared, but one time I was sitting next to a lady and during take off she said "you really hate this, don't you"... I sad yes, and asked how she knew. She said that I was gripping the arm rest so tight that my knuckles turned white.

So, for me, flying more doesn't help my fear, I just get on and hope we take off and land fine. I'll never let it stop me from going where I need to go, but it does suck for me.

I never had a fear of flying, until one time the plane was landing and almost touched the runway, and then all of a sudden took off again. They almost crashed into another plane on the runway and from that point on I have been uneasy to say the least.

I have been flying most of my life. Been through crazy flights, but recently my anxiety has been acting up. Idk why I use to find flying very relaxing

Didn't you say in the other thread that you are having a string of shit luck with gambling. Now you want to take gambling so seriously that you are required to fly more often than you want?

Your life but...you sure you got this all planned out?

Um idk. And madden is skill over luck.

Just got off a 4hr flight.
The scariest part for me is before even boarding and i havent been able to buy or secure an emergency seat

I hate heights but I don't mind flying. Once you're so high up it doesn't seem like you're actually that high (at least to me).

That being said, this video makes my nuts tingle.

Holy shit, dude! This is probably the scariest video i've ever watched.

Flying out to LAX in a couple weeks.

Beats the hell out of driving 24 hours.

Back