Scar tissue experts: Will Overeem's lip be easier to split back open?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is that thing liable to blast back open if he takes a good shot to the mouth? Looks like it healed up well but you can see the scar tissue a little bit.

P1JwExM.jpg

Too much meat on the lip. He'll be ok( I mean unless he gets punched in the exact spot ...in the same way...with the same power......and even then not likely- that was CRAZY)

skin trauma usually doesn't happen there but that particular cut was certainly deep enough to maybe cause an issue but, again, doubt it.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. That tissue is very mobile. I think scar tissue is a bigger issue in areas that are more fixed.

Wow, don't know what kind of doctors the UFC has on hand but they did a really good job.

Overeem seems to be impervious to the physical hurts and pains of the normal human. How he keeps bouncing back and continuing to get wins/stay relevant is extremely impressive and puzzling

I have a Doctorate in Scar Tissue. It will open back up

Dudes gotta be the most unkillable HW in MMA. He's dieded more than Kenny from South Park

Overeem seems to be impervious to the physical hurts and pains of the normal human. How he keeps bouncing back and continuing to get wins/stay relevant is extremely impressive and puzzling

It's the HW division, not that puzzling.

Will it open up easier? Yes.
But Overeem hasn't much fights left, so the Chances are like 1%

He should have kept it open.
Very useful to hold a cigaret or a blunt

Rule of thumb for scar tissue is it's about half as strong. So more likely to reopen but it's also a pretty hard spot to split.

giphy.gif

FinishedIndolentApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

Well, Lawler's lip has held up well since the brutal war with Rory.

Then he kept yelling and yelling and the lip split further and further as he was yelling lol.

Guys a fucking jackal
Like had he been cool and calm, I dont think it would have made me cringe. But when he started yelling and it got wider and wider it just made me squirm for a sec.

I am a lip, scar tissue, and mouthguard expert, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that his lip will in fact burst open and send forth a tide of blood and pus as soon as he puts his mouth guard in, let alone gets punched in the lip.

Last edited:
i'm really curious to see how it is 10-20 years in the future as far as CTE...he's had so many fights and KO losses (from HWs no less), and surely he sparred hard for years on top of that

It's not like it happens every fight...

Dude is fighting for 21 years and it happened only once. It's called a freak accident, kinda.

Back