Scallops v Shrimp

???

• Total voters
I like them both. But I’d have to go with scallops. They are expensive were I live though. They just have that fresh taste of the ocean I love.

I like shrimp but scallops are superior.

They usually come together. But if I had to choose I choose scallops. The texture is better.

Scallops but I eat shrimp a lot more

Great now I'll be talking like an elderly Cajun man the rest of the night.
Allergic to scallops but boy they smell good when cooking. Shrimp can be good. But crab is best.

Which is best?

34fa1b6c-7bfd-406a-af9b-0e9d6b34a95a.jpg

2hkbo3.jpg
We're not all from a prime scallop area like you are. Many people have never had a big fat fresh scallop. They have no idea how extraordinary it is. Scallops all the way for me.

Shrimp are pretty great, and you can do lots with them, but scallops are the king of shellfish in my book, pan roast some scallops with a pork product of your choice and a purée of some kind and you’ve got a dish fit for a king.

My favourite restaurant makes a scallops dish with pork belly and a carrot purée that I’d suplex my Nan to get my hands on...

I chose shrimp but I like both and really I like much of the food that comes out of the sea, Lobster, Crabs, fish, whatever. What gets me is people that are so grossed out by seafood they don't eat any of it. What a missed opportunity in life.

Shrimp is goddamned delicious
Scallops though
Scallops are fucking great
Scallops by a nose

Shrimp is more versatile though

Shrimp, they’re more versatile:

Shrimp are more versatile , but scallops are probably a " better" more refined flavor . If I could only have 1 itd be shrimp for the flexibility

If the choice was

Steak and Shrimp or Steak and Scallops, the choice would be harder as I like both so much.

Or a shrimp and scallops combo, but given the choice of shrimp or scallops on their own, I chose shrimp every time.

It would also be nice to know, of those that picked scallops over shrimp, do they normally eat Bay scallops or sea scallops.

Shrimp are more versatile , but scallops are probably a " better" more refined flavor . If I could only have 1 itd be shrimp for the flexibility

I love a variety of seafood but I've never had a seafood Paella. Now I'm thinking I need to find one. Its generally cooked in one big pot and can have different recipes but basically its a variety of shrimp, muscles, fish, lobster, etc. and its traditionally served with rice but there are variations on that as well.

Paella4.jpg

I love a variety of seafood but I've never had a seafood Paella. Now I'm thinking I need to find one. Its generally cooked in one big pot and can have different recipes but basically its a variety of shrimp, muscles, fish, lobster, etc. and its traditionally served with rice but there are variations on that as well.

Paella4.jpg
I’ve always had it over rice, or more specifically mixed in with Spanish rice. Really good that way

Paella4.jpg

I’ve always had it over rice, or more specifically mixed in with Spanish rice. Really good that way

I made myself one last week using Quinoa as the base instead of rice and it was surprisingly great. I loaded it with shrimp, scallops and big chunks of fresh arctic Char all from my favorite fish monger. I should have took some pic's for the foodie thread.

Shrimp, garlic and butter is so delicious and so simple. I like scallops a lot too but if I could only have one for the rest of my life... it’s shrimp easy.

Back