Scale quesiton

Thai Clinch

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys....im preping for a muay thai smoker on march 19....i got 2 scales at home and when i wake up im at 205.......when i went to the YMCA there scale said i was 213.....thats 7 lbs off? I was wondering when was the best time to weigh in and if you guys could give me some tips to cut the 5 or 7 lbs?

Could have been that you ate and drank some water between weighing?

I assume best time to weigh would be right when you wake up. 5-7 pounds isn't that much, just jump in the ol sauna.

Weigh yourself the same time as your weigh in and preferably on the same scale that will be used for your weigh in. Check the calibration date on any scale you use. Most of them are off, make sure they've been certified recently.

BTW, your weight fluctuates throughout the day. If you want a better indication of whether of not you're losing/gaining weight, weith yourself at the same time of day.

How about stopping in the family doctors office just for a weigh? At least you know their scales are cabirated yearly and will likely be more accurate. Personally I wouldn't rely on home scales too much unless it's a "doctors scale". And weigh at the same time everyday if you can. And wear the same clothing. Good luck.

Back