SBBC: RIP Super Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also depends on location.

My parents sold their house in 1997 for $55k

I saw it listed on Zillow a couple of years ago for $75k.

I looked at a House in Queens Village (another Philly neighborhood) that was selling around the same time for like $600k that last sold in 1998 for $60k.

Clustering, white flight, gentrification, zoning laws etc... all play big parts on housing prices.
Well I am pretty sure that my dad made my mom burn down our first house so they could collect the insurance money and buy a double wide trailer. Fucking trailer was a sick 1988 model, but I don't think it has held its value.

Well I am pretty sure that my dad made my mom burn down our first house so they could collect the insurance money and buy a double wide trailer. Fucking trailer was a sick 1988 model, but I don't think it has held its value.

But is your mom hot?

It also depends on location.

My parents sold their house in 1997 for $55k

I saw it listed on Zillow a couple of years ago for $75k.

Did you grow up in Philly or Camden?

I'm half serious

All the people I know from Pa grew up in Lancaster or Hershey. Kinda weird.

Northeast Philly turned into Camden lol

Location, location, location.

My parents sold the house i grew up in 2 and half yrs ago. Someone paid $1.4m and knocked it down to put up a bigger house.

Location, location, location.

My parents sold the house i grew up in 2 and half yrs ago. Someone paid $1.4m and knocked it down to put up a bigger house.

I used to listen to Adam Carollas podcast all the time and he would talk about how he couldn't watch house hunting shows that took place in the south.

The people would be like "we need 2,500 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage and an acre of land...... and keep it under 6 figures..."

He's in LA and I think the same thing happened when he sold his grandmothers house after she passed away. Sold the house for over a million and it got knocked down.

It's interesting to look back at internet ad campaigns of the 90s that implied the internet would render location obsolete but we're clustering more than ever and the rust belt hasn't seemed to benefit from the "internet rendering location obsolete"

my sister and her husband bought a house on Princeton St in Palo Alto in the 70s for 43K. Ten years later, they sold it for $1million.
Five years after that, the owner sold it for $2.4 million.
what in the literal fuck.

especially if they routinely used the Hershey Highway to go home.
Elton-john-Tongue-GIF.gif

See I think $40k would be very high for that occupation.

Median net income in the US was $15k in 1990 with the average being $20k.

I would have thought a shore store salesman would be in that range and maybe even below. But as pointed out earlier in the thread he was the store manager not just an associate so he was probably making more of a fictional salary than I assumed.

I just found it odd because I compared it to what I knew growing up. I think may parents bought their first house for like $20k in the late 1970s. In the early 90s I think my dad was making around $40k and was doing well owning a small deli.

But that house was a tiny row home in NE Philly
Polish Delis are the shit, give 'em a piece of meat and a cabbage and they'll wirk magic.

my sister and her husband bought a house on Princeton St in Palo Alto in the 70s for 43K. Ten years later, they sold it for $1million.
Five years after that, the owner sold it for $2.4 million.
what in the literal fuck.
I work with a bunch of old cocksuckers who bought their house for like 75k in the late 80s and it's now worth like 500k. It's all a big scam perpetrated by the boomers and the Chinese.

Loved Super Dave as the surrogate in Arrested Development

him and Norm were awesome together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back