SBBC: RIP Super Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't remember him being the store manager

It's the only way his employment makes sense. Like I said, there was one episode where he converted the store to a mens shoe store. Who else but the manager could get away with that? Unless the store manager was remarkable out of touch with what was going on.

I’d advise everyone ITT not to see Bird Box. Two of the most miserable hours of my life, and that’s saying a lot as I’m generally a miserable person.

You sure SB 48 wasn’t the most miserable few hours of your life?
200w.gif

30 years ago that house and a family of 4 was doable on the salary from that job

How much do you think he was making hypothetically?

I actually never watched the show. I guess he was a mall store shoe salesman - right?

I don't what he would make, let's say it was $40,000/yr. The house my family bought in 1982 was $68,000 and even with high interest rates the monthly mortgage was $480. So the house may only have only been 1.5 times his current salary.

What you might not be thinking about is how much more expensive houses are now with 30 yrs of low interest rates. If Bundy purchased his house in 1979 it might have been $50,000.

You sure SB 48 wasn’t the most miserable few hours of your life?
200w.gif
Stopped giving a fuck after they ran the second half kickoff back for a TD.

Got drunk and shot pool the rest of the night. Turned out alright.

just read something today about the high percentage of millennials who dislike and disregard Seinfeld as old school racist, homophobic,
anti-semetic?, elitest, white privileged garbage propaganda disguised as humor.
*Couple of woke kids say Seinfeld is racist on twitter*

These damn milenialls!1!!

Stopped giving a fuck after they ran the second half kickoff back for a TD.

Got drunk and shot pool the rest of the night. Turned out alright.

Never afraid to leave a game early.

Anytime, anyplace

I actually never watched the show. I guess he was a mall store shoe salesman - right?

I don't what he would make, let's say it was $40,000/yr. The house my family bought in 1982 was $68,000 and even with high interest rates the monthly mortgage was $480. So the house may only have only been 1.5 times his current salary.

What you might not be thinking about is how much more expensive houses are now with 30 yrs of low interest rates. If Bundy purchased his house in 1979 it might have been $50,000.

See I think $40k would be very high for that occupation.

Median net income in the US was $15k in 1990 with the average being $20k.

I would have thought a shore store salesman would be in that range and maybe even below. But as pointed out earlier in the thread he was the store manager not just an associate so he was probably making more of a fictional salary than I assumed.

I just found it odd because I compared it to what I knew growing up. I think may parents bought their first house for like $20k in the late 1970s. In the early 90s I think my dad was making around $40k and was doing well owning a small deli.

But that house was a tiny row home in NE Philly

My grandparents bought their house in Mira Mesa for 100k in like 1981, sold it in 2005ish for 675k...

Homes went from like 1-1.5x income to like 3-5x in about a generation of time, partly due to low wage growth

I just found it odd because I compared it to what I knew growing up. I think may parents bought their first house for like $20k in the late 1970s. In the early 90s I think my dad was making around $40k and was doing well owning a small deli.

But that house was a tiny row home in NE Philly

I don't buy any of that median income BS because I know you were pimpin' at the Valley Forge Hilton on prom night.

My grandparents bought their house in Mira Mesa for 100k in like 1981, sold it in 2005ish for 675k...

Homes went from like 1-1.5x income to like 3-5x in about a generation of time, partly due to low wage growth

It also depends on location.

My parents sold their house in 1997 for $55k

I saw it listed on Zillow a couple of years ago for $75k.

I looked at a House in Queens Village (another Philly neighborhood) that was selling around the same time for like $600k that last sold in 1998 for $60k.

Clustering, white flight, gentrification, zoning laws etc... all play big parts on housing prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back