SBBC: RIP Super Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the chick on that show

Mimi?

J3lNmVm.jpg

M w/kids was on a whole different level IMO.
yea almost self parodying
but one for the ages

you don't want to see current pics of her though.
went to the same cosmetic surg doc meg ryan went to.
face fail.
shame

Loved that show and while it's a sitcom I never really thought of it as one.

It seemed more like a satire of sitcoms

It kinda is? It went against the grain of family shows at the time. Instead of good, wholesome families that have some slight hiccups with a laugh track you have a family that is a complete disaster at almost every level but will still be family in the end of the day with a roar of laughter and applause.

It kinda is? It went against the grain of family shows at the time. Instead of good, wholesome families that have some slight hiccups with a laugh track you have a family that is a complete disaster at almost every level but will still be family in the end of the day with a roar of laughter and applause.

And somehow afford a nice house in the Chicago suburbs on the single income of a mall shoe store salesman lol

And he has a hot wife

And somehow afford a nice house in the Chicago suburbs on the single income of a mall shoe store salesman lol

30 yrs ago? It was doable, not all of Chicago is Highland Park and Northbrook (aka Shermer, IL in all of hte John Hughes movies). There are a bunch of middle class suburbs.

And he has a hot wife

giphy.gif

And he has a hot wife

Every man's dream.

Would love to see a 'Whoa Bundy Reunion!' exploring where they all wound up in life. I could totally see Al somehow becoming successful as a shoe business owner while Peg still manages to drain his soul.

30 yrs ago? It was doable, not all of Chicago is Highland Park and Northbrook (aka Shermer, IL in all of hte John Hughes movies). There are a bunch of middle class suburbs.

giphy.gif

30 years ago that house and a family of 4 was doable on the salary from that job

How much do you think he was making hypothetically?

Well, he probably made a salary as he was the manager. Then maybe commission on the sales? It never went out of business, so obviously it did well enough that the owner (Al? I think? Hot chick with a hatred for the male species) to never fire him or Griff.

Although they made serious bank when they converted it to a mens shoe store for an episode, which showcased that Al may have been a bonehead, but he knew his shoes.

Well, he probably made a salary as he was the manager. Then maybe commission on the sales? It never went out of business, so obviously it did well enough that the owner (Al? I think? Hot chick with a hatred for the male species) to never fire him or Griff.

Although they made serious bank when they converted it to a mens shoe store for an episode, which showcased that Al may have been a bonehead, but he knew his shoes.

I didn't remember him being the store manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back