SBBC: RIP Super Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when you type in "seemingly smart guy fails to detect sarcasm"?

I don't know, let's Google it ...

554f77af6d8923d5bb12828c44ab15c7.png

b5864a216b31a5a1023964c6225e8f74.jpg

I would kill 100 men to be able to say that I live next door to a dentist. Would kill 50 to say I have a friend that lives next to one.

I don't like these statements or sayings... Be better Mr. Outlaw...

Enough of this, we need to love one another. We all need to know why we are here on this wonderful pearl. Suffering must be tempered with it's radiant beautiful approximation...

Damn. if you type "you sound poor" in the google it appends 'sherdog collection'. Not joking @Revolver @RR

Here is a random one that I picked from google image search.

t69our.jpg

@Revolver If you want to come down to my Pasadena office, I'll advise you on your IP rights concerning the phrase. First consultation is free.

@Revolver If you want to come down to my Pasadena office, I'll advise you on your IP rights concerning the phrase. First consultation is free.

Wouldn't that be copyright laws governing written material? And by definition, something is copyrighted once it's written so he de facto already has rights.

Wouldn't that be copyright laws governing written material? And by definition, something is copyrighted once it's written so he de facto already has rights.

If he wrote a novel or a screenplay, your analysis would be correct. Short phrases aren't going to be covered by copyright.

Best bet is to incorporate Revo as a business entity and trademark it.

If he wrote a novel or a screenplay, your analysis would be correct. Short phrases aren't going to be covered by copyright.

Lol...like he has the money to trademark something...plus you would have a hard time proving he is the originator of said phrase...

Right -- trademark. He could file a trademark. We just did that for the acronym for our technology (something like Intel's 'Intel Inside').

Lol...like he has the money to trademark something...plus you would have a hard time proving he is the originator of said phrase...

I don't think it would cost him more than $3000. Maybe as little as $1500 IIRC. TBF he could get that back in licensing fees within days given the use rate on sherdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back