SBBC: R.I.P. Professional Sports

Got furloughed at my job, they shut the whole plant down after 1 person tested positive. Thankfully, they're paying us 40 hours a week to sit our asses at home while they clean the place top to bottom and figure out how to keep people safe.

Kinda sucks though, I was stacking 60-70k pounds of meat a day by hand and it was destroying my waistline and getting my arms and back into something resembling normal shape. Now I'll regress as my diet goes back to pizza and beer.

NaiveWelldocumentedBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

Got furloughed at my job, they shut the whole plant down after 1 person tested positive. Thankfully, they're paying us 40 hours a week to sit our asses at home while they clean the place top to bottom and figure out how to keep people safe.

Kinda sucks though, I was stacking 60-70k pounds of meat a day by hand and it was destroying my waistline and getting my arms and back into something resembling normal shape. Now I'll regress as my diet goes back to pizza and beer.
That’s a lot of meat lol.

Educational Industrial is going to get exposed when people find out that they can deliver most degrees at 10% of the current cost.

I changed phones and I think your contact (which was S'@'OSU - lol) didn't transfer over. I'm pretty interested to know because my daughter is changing her school choice because of the classes and residence situation currently.

Feel free to send me a PM to discuss further.

Educational Industrial is going to get exposed when people find out that they can deliver most degrees at 10% of the current cost.

Administrative bloat is insane in higher education.

So what’s the first thing they should axe? Diversity and inclusion reps/officers?

No.
You have some administartors making 250k+. You could simply have them take a 10% wage cut. Furthmore, some Universities/Colleges are requiring anyone who makes over 150K/yr take a 10% wage cut (not sure timeline, or if permanent). Then, you're going to have areas that are simply overstaffed or that have positions that are not longer needed. Then, you're going to have people who have a large salary due to tenure (non-faculty), so I am sure there will be some targeted buyouts with retirement.

I am sure higher education will change a lot, at leas ton the staffing side.

Make sure to exercise the body everyone...

Have you seen what Brown university is going to do to get fall classes going? Good luck with that at OSU.

Only that the President thinks that campus should be open in the fall.

I think we will be on campus for fall, but instead of having a 300 person English lecture it will be six sections of 50, for example. I am not involved iat all in that, just my best guess.

Only that the President thinks that campus should be open in the fall.

I think we will be on campus for fall, but instead of having a 300 person English lecture it will be six sections of 50, for example. I am not involved iat all in that, just my best guess.

Or be like Georgetown where they never have classes of more than 27. I knew a guy in Toronto in the early 90s that sent his daughters to college in the US. One went to Stanford and the other to Georgetown. Tuition was a bit more at Georgetown but he said it was a much better education. Don't know if it is still the same but class sizes were limited to 27 and taught by full professors (that also ran tutorials).

that's kind of nuts. My mother told me her first year chemical engineering class had 600 students (in Europe in the 1960s).

Well my job didnt even wait for the quarantine to be lifted before returning to mandatory 12 hr shifts with a mandatory OT day for everyone

Despite our miami plant getting shut down due to 15 known employees catching the rona

Back