Saying McG. will lose eventually...

The natural progression after McGregor beat Poirier was to have the Irish fighter take on one of the division's best grapplers - Mendes, Frankie, or even Lentz. Siver was almost a step back for McGregor, even though the German lasted longer than Dustin.

I think the UFC brass recognizes McGregor is promotion gold. He's really the first guy to come along since BJ Penn who has the ability to generate serious fan interest in the lighter divisions. That's something that even stars like Aldo, Frankie, Mighty Mouse, and Urijah have all failed to do. And so they didn't want one of the division's best grapplers to grind out a victory against McGregor and strangle their golden goose before he had a chance to lay a few golden eggs.

Yeah, just like Hominick, KZ, Lamas, Edgar and Florian had to, it's only fair.

Oh... wait.

It doesn't mean anything anymore. He's earned his title shot. He's proven himself an elite fighter. Who gives a shit whether or not one or two guys can beat him. That's pretty damn serious company already.

Depends on what your definition of elite is.

The problem is that he hasn't even faced a wrestler. At all. Forget Frankie and Mendes. How about Nik Lentz or Dennis Bermudez instead of Dennis Siver?

Them problem is who the fuck cares? I repeat, he is fighting Jose Aldo next. You cant get a harder fight at 145. Lentz lost to Mendes, Mendes just lost to Aldo, Bermudez lost to Lamas, Lamas lost to Aldo, Frankie lost to Aldo. Just stop hating and enjoy the biggest fight in featherweight division.

Yeah, just like Hominick, KZ, Lamas, Edgar and Florian had to, it's only fair.

Oh... wait.

Dumb comparisons. Edgar and Florian were proven championship-caliber fighters in heavier divisions when they took on Aldo. Llamas had fought ten times in the WEC/UFC, lost only twice and was on a four-fight win streak when he got his title shot against Aldo. Hominick benefitted from the WEC/UFC changeover for the division when competition for title shots was light.

Them problem is who the fuck cares? I repeat, he is fighting Jose Aldo next. You cant get a harder fight at 145. Lentz lost to Mendes, Mendes just lost to Aldo, Bermudez lost to Lamas, Lamas lost to Aldo, Frankie lost to Aldo. Just stop hating and enjoy the biggest fight in featherweight division.

Not to mention nobody ever brings up that none of the other contenders had to pass this so called wrestler test. Chad kinda did but him being the best wrestler in the division made it pointless anyway.

People just want Conor to jump through hoops that nobody else had to. Hominick got his shot after beating George Roop FFS!

People who want fighters to face the best competition care, dufus.

If you get a path paved to a title shot without facing the best competition, then the game is rigged for show.

Your dumb point would be just as valid if McGregor had been slated to face Aldo for his first UFC fight. You could still say the same dumb two sentences and be just as accurate: "I repeat, he is fighting Jose Aldo next. You cant get a harder fight at 145."

If you get a path paved to a title shot without facing the best competition, then the game is rigged for show.

Your dumb point would be just as valid if McGregor had been slated to face Aldo for his first UFC fight. You could still say the same dumb two sentences and be just as accurate: "I repeat, he is fighting Jose Aldo next. You cant get a harder fight at 145."

That would make it a good point, no? So fighting the champion means you are not facing the best competition? Got it. I think were done here.

That would make it a good point, no? So fighting the champion means you are not facing the best competition? Got it. I think were done here.

It's only a good point if you're too dumb to understand arguments.

We don't know if Conor McGregor is a complete fighter because we've never seen him matched up against one of the better grapplers in his division. The UFC is deliberately avoiding that matchup.

A MMA fighter who is not a complete fighter shouldn't be gifted a title shot by rigged competition just because 1) he's Irish, 2) speaks with a brogue, or 3) carries an endless supply of one-liners.

Doesn't change the fact that he's had one of the Hardest roads to Aldo. (UFC only)

Hominick- George Roop (lol)
Mendes 1- Omigawa (8-6 at the time, now 14-14), Yahya
Florian- Diego Nunes (no longer with the ufc )
Edgar- Coming off of back to back losses at 155
KZ- Leonard Garcia (lol) Hominick, Porier (Conor beat him MUCH easier)
Lamas- Grice (lol) Cub, Hioki, Koch
Mendes 2- Mckenzie (LOL) Meza (lol) Elkins, Guida, Lenz

McGregor- Brimage, Holloway, Brandao, Porier, Siver

Has Conor really done less than the other contenders? The only guys with comparable streaks were Lamas and half of Chad's second streak. Mendes is also the only other guy that had to win 5 in a row.

Edit- Omigawa was actually 12-8-1 at the time, but you get my point.

Doesn't change the fact that he's had one of the Hardest roads to Aldo.

Hominick- George Roop (lol)
Mendes 1- Omigawa (8-6 at the time, now 14-14), Yahya
Florian- Diego Nunes (no longer with the ufc )
Edgar- Coming off of back to back losses at 155
KZ- Leonard Garcia (lol) Hominick, Porier (Conor beat him MUCH easier)
Lamas- Grice (lol) Cub, Hioki, Koch
Mendes 2- Mckenzie (LOL) Meza (lol) Elkins, Guida, Lenz

McGregor- Brimage, Holloway, Brandao, Porier, Siver

Has Conor really done less than the other contenders? The only guys with comparable streaks were Lamas and half of Chad's second streak. Mendes is also the only other guy that had to win 5 in a row.

Dont use logic with this guy, you will just be called too dumb to understand his bullshit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back