Say what you want

Yeah..cubs face really looked like they had no zing to them..he didnt get pushed back at all by strikes

Its okay..i get it its too early for you to be a Kron fan..lets see how hes next performance goes..he took a big step up in cub..let see what he learned
Listen mate, I dig Kron but I'm being a realist here.

The man is a grappler and didn't once shoot for a takedown. The only thing he learned was that his mediocre striking was generally ineffective against a man who kept his hands at his waist all fight.
Pitter patter can cumulatively cause cuts....means generally nothing when determining how effective the strikes actually are.

Kron fights once every two years and is into his 30's......he's not going to do anything of note in the UFC.

Hes only had 5 fights...

Im not saying he's ready to be champion now, but he pushed through where alot of other fighters would of folded thats a champion worthy trait..and i believe with some small tweaks ( wrestling,more defensive striking) he could start racking up the wins..

I think your not giving him enough credit at all for facing someone with 6 times the experience, at his own game and lasting the whole fight scoring his own strikes over 100 at that and doing damage to cub..

Kron is Green but he was still game ..imagine with some tweaking and experience what could happen

I gave him plenty of credit for facing someone with more experience. I said his toughness and heart need to be respected. Beyond that what is there to say about his performance? He was outworked. He was outstruck. He had no effective way to get the fight to the mat where he wanted it. He had no route to victory.

And yeah, Swanson has way more experience than Kron will ever have in MMA. He had also dropped four straight. He's burnt out and beatable. I'm not trying to criticize Kron, but hell no he didn't show anything in that fight that would make people think he'd ever be a champ. I think the best way for the UFC to use Kron would be to match him up with guys who will likely grapple with him.

Sure he can improve but he suffers from the Gracie stand up curse. These guys blow at throwing punches. Maybe the best Gracie striker I saw was Ryan and he still sucked.

Listen mate, I dig Kron but I'm being a realist here.

The man is a grappler and didn't once shoot for a takedown. The only thing he learned was that his mediocre striking was generally ineffective against a man who kept his hands at his waist all fight.
Pitter patter can cumulatively cause cuts....means generally nothing when determining how effective the strikes actually are.

Kron fights once every two years and is into his 30's......he's not going to do anything of note in the UFC.
This especially considering how stacked FW is rn. Cub aint no joke but there are way better guys like him at the top.
Kron needs to heavily improve either his striking or his wrestling, but with 31 years old and the typical Gracie ego i dont see him making any crazy improvements.

Sure he can improve but he suffers from the Gracie stand up curse. These guys blow at throwing punches. Maybe the best Gracie striker I saw was Ryan and he still sucked.

Striking would need to improve for sure...but out of all the modern gracies he seems to be most open to it

Back