Say what you want

He has to improve his striking a lot to get to the top, don't see him being a champ tbh

Kron showed heart and toughness. He earned some respect with that showing. But beyond that he didn't look good at all. Bad footwork, bad striking technique, no wrestling. He has very little chance of becoming a champion in the UFC imo.

From what I saw tonight from Kron vs an aging out of prime Cub imo does not suggest champ material. Yea he's tough and showed heart but showed no wrestling, below average striking and got hit A LOT. Imagine if you put him against any of the top 5 or even 10, he would get absolutely destroyed. Hes already 31, can he progress his striking and wrestling enough before he takes to much damage from trying to walk through punches, maybe but I doubt it. Id say at best he can hit top 10 and get to ranked 5-6th

Honestly, i don't know what he expected. Probably counted on Cub's chin being gone but it ain't happening if you don't have bricks in your hands. Should've just take Cub down in the 3rd as he surely wasn't expecting it.

Surely won't win the title, though.
He tried taking him down but just like every other Gracie in history he has zero takedown abilities.

Successful fighters use a gameplan to play to their strengths. He showed no plan for actually getting cub on the ground, and was content to just trade shots in the standup. Its fun to watch, but he took tons of damage which will shorten his career and didn't even get the win, making it just plain silly on his part. He needs a lot of work on getting his opponent down, and he can never have a fight like that again if he wants to ever be champ.

How is 31 old? Lmao

Let me guess your a khabib fanboy..

Also he wasnt boxing like nate or nick..

He was dirty boxing from in close to try and grapple..like he should be..

Nate and nick try and control range and bomb on you with volume ..and work constantly in the clinch to tire you with a variety of strikes..

Not a Khabib fanboy.

I say Kron “Has no boxing” what I really mean is, his boxing is meant to grind the person down so he can tire them, clinch them and take them down. He doesn’t box to snipe, he boxes to grind away and close distance, he throws with full power which can really hurt an opponent. His dirty boxing is much better than people give him credit for, I think his striking is really effective if only he would add some more kicks and for chrissakes, a double leg.
Kron is impressive for only using dirty boxing and bjj, which he didn’t get to utilize. I just think the Scrap pak isn’t a good camp for him because he needs more stuff to add to his game.

I have followed him since purple belt and trained under him. Anybody who knows Kron knows one thing, he is the most game competitor on earth and will not ever, ever quit or be satisfied winning by decision. The guy is so damn game and goes for the kill.
His bjj style shows his mentality completely, but at the same time shows his reliance on guard pulls.

Kron is the rare person to have a fearless mindset in competition. It’s something you can’t teach. In my opinion, if the guy just added a little bit more, not even a lot like people suggest, if he just learned a double leg takedown and a stiffer, meaner roundhouse, I believe he has the internal fortitude to go far, pretty far up there. Now the problem is he’s old. He’s 31 which isn’t old but that’s his physical peak or close to it. To try and add stuff now can really change him, but by the time he has a takedown he can actually use in a real fight, he will be 33-34 and that’s old. By then he will taken some more punishment and even if he’s game, the body doesn’t care, it ages.

This fight here has taken some months from his life, despite his spirit being intact and very willing to face danger.

Like I said, only the top 1% have gameness, Kron has that. He does not avoid the storm, which is super rare. It’s a shame he started with the scrap pack jnstead of aka or whatever. I swear he’d be top ten for sure or even champ, however short.

* he won’t switch camps, he’s loyal to a fault. Hopefully he’ll bring in people. This fight is excellent because he has so much stuff he can learn from.

Not a Khabib fanboy.

I say Kron “Has no boxing” what I really mean is, his boxing is meant to grind the person down so he can tire them, clinch them and take them down. He doesn’t box to snipe, he boxes to grind away and close distance, he throws with full power which can really hurt an opponent. His dirty boxing is much better than people give him credit for, I think his striking is really effective if only he would add some more kicks and for chrissakes, a double leg.
Kron is impressive for only using dirty boxing and bjj, which he didn’t get to utilize. I just think the Scrap pak isn’t a good camp for him because he needs more stuff to add to his game.

I have followed him since purple belt and trained under him. Anybody who knows Kron knows one thing, he is the most game competitor on earth and will not ever, ever quit or be satisfied winning by decision. The guy is so damn game and goes for the kill.
His bjj style shows his mentality completely, but at the same time shows his reliance on guard pulls.

Kron is the rare person to have a fearless mindset in competition. It’s something you can’t teach. In my opinion, if the guy just added a little bit more, not even a lot like people suggest, if he just learned a double leg takedown and a stiffer, meaner roundhouse, I believe he has the internal fortitude to go far, pretty far up there. Now the problem is he’s old. He’s 31 which isn’t old but that’s his physical peak or close to it. To try and add stuff now can really change him, but by the time he has a takedown he can actually use in a real fight, he will be 33-34 and that’s old. By then he will taken some more punishment and even if he’s game, the body doesn’t care, it ages.

This fight here has taken some months from his life, despite his spirit being intact and very willing to face danger.

Like I said, only the top 1% have gameness, Kron has that. He does not avoid the storm, which is super rare. It’s a shame he started with the scrap pack jnstead of aka or whatever. I swear he’d be top ten for sure or even champ, however short.

* he won’t switch camps, he’s loyal to a fault. Hopefully he’ll bring in people. This fight is excellent because he has so much stuff he can learn from.
That is interesting because I remember before the fight seeing how intense and killer Kron looked. I always felt that he has an edge to him that other fighters don't. Like the only thing that will ever limit his fighting ability is his technique and physicality. I don't know why but just seeing him I got some vibes that i don't normally get.

Im talking like i just saw a performance worthy of a future champ, anyone who cant see with just a few adjustments how good he might end up being..hasnt watched enough MMA

I agree. He's only 10 fights in and at the top of the foodchain in the sport.

He showed a ton of heart, but cub is a gatekeeper right now and he looked like he didn’t belong in there. He’s got a long way to go

Yep he needs to evolve a lot, he’s not that old though, just needs the right trainers.

That or he fell onto his shoulder, which is common in grappling, and tore the ligaments that connect that area.

Happened to me when I was wrestling years ago. Guy fell on me awkwardly and I fell on the point of the shoulder. I heard a crunch and after that I was in a sling for about a month

Football players get that injury a lot too.
Yeah, I've broken my collarbone twice and Scapula once and you can't tell by looking at me, everything looks perfectly normal.

Either I'm just lucky or breaking a collarbone/ scapula doesn't make you look like you have mild scoliosis, lol.

He got his ass kicked by the ghost of Cub Swanson. The elite of the division would eat him for breakfast.

Kron showed heart and toughness. He earned some respect with that showing. But beyond that he didn't look good at all. Bad footwork, bad striking technique, no wrestling. He has very little chance of becoming a champion in the UFC imo.

From what I saw tonight from Kron vs an aging out of prime Cub imo does not suggest champ material. Yea he's tough and showed heart but showed no wrestling, below average striking and got hit A LOT. Imagine if you put him against any of the top 5 or even 10, he would get absolutely destroyed. Hes already 31, can he progress his striking and wrestling enough before he takes to much damage from trying to walk through punches, maybe but I doubt it. Id say at best he can hit top 10 and get to ranked 5-6th

Hes only had 5 fights...

Im not saying he's ready to be champion now, but he pushed through where alot of other fighters would of folded thats a champion worthy trait..and i believe with some small tweaks ( wrestling,more defensive striking) he could start racking up the wins..

I think your not giving him enough credit at all for facing someone with 6 times the experience, at his own game and lasting the whole fight scoring his own strikes over 100 at that and doing damage to cub..

Kron is Green but he was still game ..imagine with some tweaking and experience what could happen

Is this a joke?

He looked fucking terrible. All he did is plod forward with arm strikes. It was a laugable performance against a journeyman on his way out.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Kron Gracie holds UFC gold.

Not a Khabib fanboy.

If you trained with him and have inside knowledge...

Why would claim some ignorant shit like he boxes like nate..

He fights nothing like nate..lol

And it wont take someone whos grappled his whole life 4 years to be proficient at takedowns..hes learned takedowns to some degree already for sure as a BJJ blackbelt..he just needs to add more options and transitions ..id say 1 solid year with an official wrestling coach..and hed have what he needs to be more effective

Kron has some hardwork infront of him no doubt but he has a great foundation and mentality to build off of..the guy can litterally let his has go when gets better at striking without the fear of the takedown cuz if you do take him down youd be right in his world...thats a powerful weapon knowing you dont fear the takedown..

Is this a joke?

He looked fucking terrible. All he did is plod forward with arm strikes. It was a laugable performance against a journeyman on his way out.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Kron Gracie holds UFC gold.

?? He landed over 100 strikes on an opponent with 6 times the eperience , and a striker

Lasted the whole fight and did damage..

Hater much? Lol

The guy has the ground game to beat anyone in that division as of right now..hes just green and needs to round out his game abit so he can use his BJJ more..more MMA experience and some tweaking and he'll be up the ranks for sure

?? He landed over 100 strikes on an opponent with 6 times the eperience , and a striker

Lasted the whole fight and did damage..

Hater much? Lol

The guy has the ground game to beat anyone in that division as of right now..hes just green and needs to round out his game abit so he can use his BJJ more..more MMA experience and some tweaking and he'll be up the ranks for sure
Listen I'll give the guy props for the display of grit and for taking some of those body shots as well as he did. Kid is tough to be certain.

You keep parroting this "100 strikes" on Cub without mentioning that they were all arm punches with almost no power as well as the fact that Cub eventually just stood and threw shit with him, and had his hands at his waist all fight. Cub simply ate shots because he knew they had no zing.

There was nothing about that fight in the slightest that would indicate Kron has some bright future in MMA.

If you trained with him and have inside knowledge...

Why would claim some ignorant shit like he boxes like nate..

He fights nothing like nate..lol

And it wont take someone whos grappled his whole life 4 years to be proficient at takedowns..hes learned takedowns to some degree already for sure as a BJJ blackbelt..he just needs to add more options and transitions ..id say 1 solid year with an official wrestling coach..and hed have what he needs to be more effective

Kron has some hardwork infront of him no doubt but he has a great foundation and mentality to build off of..the guy can litterally let his has go when gets better at striking without the fear of the takedown cuz if you do take him down youd be right in his world...thats a powerful weapon knowing you dont fear the takedown..

Christ man....

Look.... he may not box like Nate but he has strong similarities and weaknesses as they do.

You such are ardent defender of him and doubt you spent much time in Culver or followed him since he was a purple. Man....

So Kron was the favourite before the fight? I told my wife that Cub will likely beat him with ease and I was right. People are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and the Gracie's were relevant 25 years ago, ever since then they have basically been cans because the rest of the world caught up in just a few years. Kron is probably the best Gracie in MMA but that does not say much.

So Kron was the favourite before the fight? I told my wife that Cub will likely beat him with ease and I was right. People are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and the Gracie's were relevant 25 years ago, ever since then they have basically been cans because the rest of the world caught up in just a few years. Kron is probably the best Gracie in MMA but that does not say much.

It was a tall task for Kron for sure...i didnt understand him being the favorite either as cub is a proven vet..

But kron did quite well..for essentially a Jiujitsu guy, he needs work im not professing hes champion material as of now but the real potential is there

Listen I'll give the guy props for the display of grit and for taking some of those body shots as well as he did. Kid is tough to be certain.

You keep parroting this "100 strikes" on Cub without mentioning that they were all arm punches with almost no power as well as the fact that Cub eventually just stood and threw shit with him, and had his hands at his waist all fight. Cub simply ate shots because he knew they had no zing.

There was nothing about that fight in the slightest that would indicate Kron has some bright future in MMA.

Yeah..cubs face really looked like they had no zing to them..he didnt get pushed back at all by strikes

Its okay..i get it its too early for you to be a Kron fan..lets see how hes next performance goes..he took a big step up in cub..let see what he learned

Back