Say what you want

Kron Gracie will never crack the top 5 of any MMA weight division with that style of fighting. He might have a chance at a belt in another promotion someday

Hes 31..definetly has time if he hustles and progresses right
Yeah some people saying that old but the guys with great grappling tend to be able to stick around for awhile. He’s gotta take less strikes if that’s the plan though

Kron landed on Cub alot. His punches looked slow and a bit stiff, but you could tell Cub didn't like it when they landed. He busted Cub up pretty good. But Cub clearly outclassed him striking.

Krons strength is bjj. If he can't find a way to use that in a fight with higher level opponents he's not going much further.

I agree, fair assessment

But his willingness to not fold and go into the exchanges with a guy like cub, speaks to his commitment to the game..

Alot of other fighters would of folded tonight..just saying hes got the heart and the right mentality to be molded into a champion..

Nah too slow and doesn't have the takedowns to make up for slowness.

Toughness and great ground skills alone aren't title holding traits.

Sorry, is being a champ now in a stacked division a meaningless feat? It's one of the most coveted and challenging things to achieve in mixed martial arts. His performance did not demonstrate that he has what it takes to be a future champ. Could he be? Of course, but this fight doesn't scream evidence.

Do you read what your about to post before posting it?

You just contradicted yourself at the end..and are basically stating what im stating in my O.P in a round about way

Anyone whos trained or has watched MMA long enough knows Kron has huge potential based off of tonight..

239026.jpg

dude, wtf?
Does that "W" stand for "what" or "want"?

Nah too slow and doesn't have the takedowns to make up for slowness.

Toughness and great ground skills alone aren't title holding traits.

Slow in which way?

Movement or strikes..

His hands looked pretty quick to me...? With decent power

I've been watching mma for years, trained at Jackson's MMA from 2008-2013, had multiple amateur mma fights, and kickboxing matches. Ive watched enough MMA.

Kron will never get close to a title shot. I think he will have some entertaining fights though.

My heart wanted Cub to win but my brain was rooting for Kron just so we could see him against Ryan "Tasmanian Devil" Hall.

Kron Gracie will never crack the top 5 of any MMA weight division with that style of fighting. He might have a chance at a belt in another promotion someday

He landed over like 100 strikes, on a guy whos a striker and has 6 times the MMA experience...

But ya Kron Gracie is a total bum LMFAO

Casual confirmed

Slow in which way?

Movement or strikes..

His hands looked pretty quick to me...? With decent power

Mostly movement but at the championship level his strikes also. He needs to train with Maia a lot. Maia is better at takedowns than Kron, getting to Maia level of takedowns would be huge for Kron's championship chances.

Mostly movement but at the championship level his strikes also. He needs to train with Maia a lot. Maia is better at takedowns than Kron, getting to Maia level of takedowns would be huge for Kron's championship chances.

That could definitely help him for sure..

I think some wrestling training period could help round out his transitional awareness

There was a few oppurtunities in this fight, where a good level change could of worked..

His striking looked better then his last fight but obviously needs more work, defense has to be serviceable at best so that he doesnt get to damaged and unable to capitalize on grappling oppurtunities..just some small tweeks and alittle more experience and hes gunna be a force..

Say what you want about the gracies...

But kron gracie is for real...he will hold UFC gold before his career ends..IMO

The guy showed everything he needed to tonight to be a champion, he just needs alittle time to round his game out abit more

He has the heart and bloodline of a champion, Cub fought phenomenally and Kron was just abit behind him on the stand up ..didnt have the answers now but bit down on his mouth piece and fought the fight to end..A true Warriors path

Hickson and Kron clearly > the rest of the clan and its not even close..

Im excited to see him progress..theres an official uncrowned MMA prince in the UFC boys..hes coming
View attachment 660457

<YeahOKJen>

He should switch camp, that Diaz´s boxing style is bad for his brain.

The Diaz camp is only good if you're a DIAZ: Tall + Granite chin.

If you're short with a good chin, bad camp. Diaz's are slow, plodding, eat kicks and punches but their reach, chins and cardio bail them out. Kron has a chin, but poor boxing and no reach at all. No wrestling just like the Diaz brothers.

Kron wasted time with the Scrap Pack. He needed a true camp like AKA or something, now he's old.

That or he fell onto his shoulder, which is common in grappling, and tore the ligaments that connect that area.

Happened to me when I was wrestling years ago. Guy fell on me awkwardly and I fell on the point of the shoulder. I heard a crunch and after that I was in a sling for about a month

Football players get that injury a lot too.

He's an avid skater, that could be it also.

I've been watching mma for years, trained at Jackson's MMA from 2008-2013, had multiple amateur mma fights, and kickboxing matches. Ive watched enough MMA.

Kron will never get close to a title shot. I think he will have some entertaining fights though.

I dunno man.. I dont doubt where your coming from but he only has 5 fights...kinda hard to make a firm judgement either way but im pulling for him to maybe be champion one day..hes got the mentality and heart , world class grappling..serviceable striking and improving ..he just needs to mix it all together with experience cub had 6 times the experience on him..become more of a Mix Martial artist if you will..right now hes a legendary BJJ guy learning to strike better..

If you're short with a good chin, bad camp. Diaz's are slow, plodding, eat kicks and punches but their reach, chins and cardio bail them out. Kron has a chin, but poor boxing and no reach at all. No wrestling just like the Diaz brothers.

Kron wasted time with the Scrap Pack. He needed a true camp like AKA or something, now he's old.

How is 31 old? Lmao

Let me guess your a khabib fanboy..

Also he wasnt boxing like nate or nick..

He was dirty boxing from in close to try and grapple..like he should be..

Nate and nick try and control range and bomb on you with volume ..and work constantly in the clinch to tire you with a variety of strikes..

exactly.

Say what you want about the gracies...

But kron gracie is for real...he will hold UFC gold before his career ends..IMO

The guy showed everything he needed to tonight to be a champion, he just needs alittle time to round his game out abit more

He has the heart and bloodline of a champion, Cub fought phenomenally and Kron was just abit behind him on the stand up ..didnt have the answers now but bit down on his mouth piece and fought the fight to end..A true Warriors path

Hickson and Kron clearly > the rest of the clan and its not even close..

Im excited to see him progress..theres an official uncrowned MMA prince in the UFC boys..hes coming
View attachment 660457
He got his ass kicked by the ghost of Cub Swanson. The elite of the division would eat him for breakfast.

Back