Say what you want about Dana ...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by onvoqc, Oct 6, 2013.

1. onvoqc

onvoqc Green Belt

2. 315MMAFighter

315MMAFighter MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican Platinum Member

Stilllllll, doesnt it make him mr.innocent after calling the people that pay for ppvs and tickets, "fkng idiots" he is not very classy when it comes to his clientele

3. Luger

Luger Rabbi of Platinum Nation Banned

Random Dana Logic:

Fedor goes 10 years undefeated = not impressive.
    Barao goes 8 years = amazing.

Fedor fought bums.
    Big Nog is one of the greatest ever (after joining the UFC).

Womens MMA is awful and will never be in the UFC.
    Ronda is suddenly a bigger draw than Brock and gets the red carpet.

Strikeforce = strikefarce.
    Owns strikeforce "I

4. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

Saved for later, but i always enjoy a Dana interview. I will be far less interested in the UFC when he retires.

5. thechoice2

thechoice2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I guess that's the benefit of making the President the biggest star in the company. I don't think I've ever heard an NFL/NBA/MLB fan say anything like that in regards to Goodell/Stern/Selig.

6. KidAlchemy

KidAlchemy Purple Belt

Well... lucky me who doesn't pay for PPV's or tickets.

7. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

That's because they're all boring to listen to. I would still watch fights, but Dana is the reason I tune into scrums and press conferences

8. Loops

Loops Blue Belt

Sorry I know you may it was probably hyperbole but this is what's wrong with people arguing for mma being a legitimate sport, when a character like Dana White , who runs his mouth is the biggest star of the sport. It's like wwe. Not taking a shot at you just saying, he makes himself the star of the show not the fighters.

9. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

No offense taken, I just feel as far as combat sports go. Personalities shine a lot more. If there were more fighters who could rise above the generic fighter personality, then they would be everywhere too.

It's not just a wwe thing, boxing has done this for years with talk and promotion.

10. HughPhug

HughPhug Black Belt

last time i said what i want about someone i got these two shiney fucking yellow rectangles under my name

11. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

Dana White is the most embarrassing person for the entire sport of mma.

I'm sick of how everything he says is headlines on every mma website

he wants to be the sport and he screws fighters over

he's a joke

12. Loops

Loops Blue Belt

Definitely agree when it's the fighter like say , RJJ Mayweather , to a lesser extent Prince Naseem but when it's the President or Don King/fight promoters, kinda makes it look stupid.
    But yeah definitely like fighters with personality, why I like DHK, Chael, Barnett and Warren. Just my opinion of course.

13. kaltkalt

kaltkalt Green Belt

I like Dana for the most part, but sometimes he says things that are so inconsistent it drives me nuts. I remember recently he posted something (and I don't remember the exact number) like this:

"'Joe Rogan Questions Everything' (it was the premiere) got 1.5 million viewers, Bellator only got 45,000 males 18-39, pathetic."

Talk about comparing apples to oranges. Comparing total viewers to a subset of total viewers (which by definition will always be smaller than total viewers) and then implying the one with less numbers is doing poorly.

In this interview Dana says he hates when promoters say a fight is good when it sucked, trying to convince the booing fans they saw something great. He does the exact same thing when fans complain about the flyweights.

14. Sirensong93

Sirensong93 Yellow Belt

To me, Anderson Silva is by far the biggest star of the sport. After Weidman I couldn't even go to the mall without overhearing "MAN DID YOU HEAR ANDERSON SILVA LOST?!" As the only true "MMA Fan" in my friend circle, I've been watching since Tito v Chuck 2, (keep in mind I'm a ripe 20 years old) and that beef helped launch MMA. Dana promoted beefs like Dana v Tito Tito v Shamrock Chuck v Tito and Chuck v Couture that helped MMA explode and although he's obviously in it for the money never forget that when he bought the UFC he did it because he loved combat sports and dreamed of a world where people like him could see good fights in mainstream sports. /endrant.

15. DizzyYeahYeah

DizzyYeahYeah Red Belt

Dana's a jerk period. He's all about making himself and Zuffa/UFC look good, he will lie, personally attack people, discredit people and talk down on people. He's a bully, talks shit about fighters knowing they wont say shit back because he can cut them loose or not sign them.

16. Loops

Loops Blue Belt

Yeah they did help mma explode onto mainstream, Dana should take every bit of credit for it as well but now he belittles them calls them cans, or says they are too old...trashes other organisations , trashes fighters , cuts top 10 fighters. Then it's all headlines ... Must I continue?
    The man has done wonders for the sport don't get me wrong but now it's probably time to grow up. How many people are going to take the sport seriously when the president of the biggest org says "f*** this guy" "F*** that promotion"and it's always splattered in articles on top mma sites. I get it , it's a business but you want the nfl ,NBA money , boxing money ,sometimes professionalism is needed.

17. MrHoost**

MrHoost** Blue Belt

I agree, like all good shills/con-men he can be very convincing that he is actually telling the truth and speaking from his heart, while lying through his teeth.

18. CinemaKingdom

CinemaKingdom Brown Belt

19. MarloStanfield

MarloStanfield The Wild Colonial Boy

Danas the greatest human that has ever lived

20. clumseygenius

clumseygenius Red Belt

Dat Dana hate lol....

Heard this when it was one Q the Monday after the event a few weeks ago, meant to make a thread and link but been busy as fuck; good interview. Cheers for link.