Say Overeem beats Cain, would you rather Cormier/Overeem or Cormier/Jones?

kmasonbx

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Because we all know Cormier is not going to fight Cain especially with him pining for a fight with Jones. Which fight is more appealing? IMO both seem awesome and I don't know which fight Cormier would prefer. Would he want to avenge his boys loss or would he want to try to be the first to actually beat Jones.

What would you rather see?

Cormier - Reem simply for the fact that Cormier wouldn't have to cut weight so the fight could happen more quickly.

That said i wouldn't complain about Cormier - Jones either. Both are interesting fights

Cormier - Reem simply for the fact that Cormier wouldn't have to cut weight so the fight could happen more quickly.

That said i wouldn't complain about Cormier - Jones either. Both are interesting fights

I agree. Also, cutting to LHW might be a handicap and even a health risk to Cormier. The last time he cut near that level he had serious kidney problems...and he was much younger then. I'd rather see a healthy, normal-sized Cormier against one of the UFC's best.

good luck avenging your boy's loss... Reem would destroy cormier so I rather see him try to dethrone jon jones because that is a more likely scenario.

More intriguing for me would be Cormier/Jones, but I don't like Overeem, so I'd be more excited for that one.

All this Cormier against Jones talk is insane. He will not be able to have any strength or cardio at 205. That's if he can actually cut that far. He has had well-documented problems in the past with weight cuts/issues (kidney failure a few years back), and now fights around 235-240 pounds. On fight nights, after a full training camp, he is between 235-240 pounds. Plus, he is 33 years old. He would get demolished by Jones at 205, if (and that's a big if) he was able to make weight.

I agree. Also, cutting to LHW might be a handicap and even a health risk to Cormier. The last time he cut near that level he had serious kidney problems...and he was much younger then. I'd rather see a healthy, normal-sized Cormier against one of the UFC's best.

I agree. He has talent and is fun to watch. No sense trying to make a big weight cut when he's already struggled with it. Better to stay at HW and be healthy.

I agree. He has talent and is fun to watch. No sense trying to make a big weight cut when he's already struggled with it. Better to stay at HW and be healthy.

I think he'd be healthier without the doughnut around his waist. And no, he doesn't have to "cut" weight and damage his kidneys further. He can easily diet, and he knows it.

It's not like he's going to cut down to 205 from his weight now. He will obviously diet and get to normal weight and then cut down to 205. He will most likely get to the same weight as over lhw's before he makes his cut.

I'd much rather Cormier stays at HW, cut for him is crazy, he aint 220 pounds... Aslo bring in Barnett and Kharitonov...AA too. lets make it crazy!!! :D

Let LHW Division take care of its own damn self.

I think he'd be healthier without the doughnut around his waist. And no, he doesn't have to "cut" weight and damage his kidneys further. He can easily diet, and he knows it.

After going through a training camp and showing up to fight at 240, you think he wont have to cut to make 205? Really?

Took me two minutes to find this quote from Cormier after his kidney function rate dropped to 30 percent when he couldn't compete at the 2008 Olympics:

"For 10 years I've been taking my body where it didn't want to go, going up and down (in weight)," Cormier, 29, said from his hospital bed in Beijing. "I guess my body had enough."

So when he said "going up and down (in weight)", you don't think that refers to "cutting weight". You think he'll just have to diet to get to 205? He only had to make 211.5 in 2008, which he did. Then his kidneys failed.

It's not happening as easy as you want us to think.

Because we all know Cormier is not going to fight Cain especially with him pining for a fight with Jones. Which fight is more appealing? IMO both seem awesome and I don't know which fight Cormier would prefer. Would he want to avenge his boys loss or would he want to try to be the first to actually beat Jones.

What would you rather see?

I don't care cause I doubt overeem beats cain reem would get fucking mauled..reem will lost to cain and jds bad.If it did happen I'd rather see cormier vs jones because I have always said(followed his wrestling career) that he should be fighting at 205.

both fights would be great. while they would not have fought in the GP, it would be nice to see the two fight

Back