Saw Tyrone Spongs most recent boxing match when will he fight a live body?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like Spong but man it seems he is just fighting as a local attraction in Florida shows at gymnasiums, against guys who are willing to take a dive for a quick dollae.

This las guy he fought Silgado he clearly took a dive. sadly these fights are not going to do anything to build up his experience the moment they give him a legit guy who aint paid by the local promoter Spong could be in serious trouble.

He has a legit trainer in Pedro Diaz but whoevee promotes him is not moving him along the right way. Also he seems deluded he keeps calling out Deontay Wilder and Joshua, Whyte, chisora and even Chris Arreola would probabaly spark Soong out.

I like Spong but man it seems he is just fighting as a local attraction in Florida shows at gymnasiums
Uhh... of his last 7 fights, only one was in the United States, let alone Florida.

it's Boxing what fighter are actually fight good opponents early on? With Spong though he should atleast fight decent journeymen to get some rounds in.

Uhh... of his last 7 fights, only one was in the United States, let alone Florida.

So what do you think about him is he going to move up soon in comp they are giving him easy fights with guys who just go down easy

Took a dive? Not a chance. I was sitting ringside and that was one hard shot right behind the ear. You think any top 10 heavyweights want to fight him? He has to take the fights he can get to move up in the rankings.

Took a dive? Not a chance. I was sitting ringside and that was one hard shot right behind the ear. You think any top 10 heavyweights want to fight him? He has to take the fights he can get to move up in the rankings.

Tell Tyrone to sign with Eddie Hearn, Hearn has lots of money to throw around for Dazn several fighters have signed contracts with Hearn guaranteed 2 to 3 million a fight signing on for 5 fights., he can also put Spong in with a lot of rugged birtish heavyweights to build him up, look how Hearn built up Joshua in two years he made him a stare straight outta the Olympics.

Also if you want to know a LEGIT kick boxer with boxing skills and balls and grit look up Nieky Holzken, I thought he beat Callum Smith in a late minute replacement super series fight or at least should have gotten a draw, and he was a 1 week replacement and stepped up against a top level boxer.

Spong needs to make moves NOW, I like him but whats going on with him why isnt with a big promoter yet?

Tell Tyrone to sign with Eddie Hearn, Hearn has lots of money to throw around for Dazn several fighters have signed contracts with Hearn guaranteed 2 to 3 million a fight signing on for 5 fights., he can also put Spong in with a lot of rugged birtish heavyweights to build him up, look how Hearn built up Joshua in two years he made him a stare straight outta the Olympics.

Also if you want to know a LEGIT kick boxer with boxing skills and balls and grit look up Nieky Holzken, I thought he beat Callum Smith in a late minute replacement super series fight or at least should have gotten a draw, and he was a 1 week replacement and stepped up against a top level boxer.

Spong needs to make moves NOW, I like him but whats going on with him why isnt with a big promoter yet?

Next time I see him I'll relay that message. I agree he has to move fast, I think he's 33 or 35 years old already.

It not like MMA where fighters are thrown to the wolves early on, in boxing they develop their skills and style in their first 10 fights and then enter the rankings after that, but in Spong’s case he entered boxing very late, which means he should fight someone in the rankings for his next fight if his plan is to make money

Next time I see him I'll relay that message. I agree he has to move fast, I think he's 33 or 35 years old already.
Yeah his manager is not doing him justice, eddie hearn would sign him and build him up as a Joshua opponent in the future.

It not like MMA where fighters are thrown to the wolves early on, in boxing they develop their skills and style in their first 10 fights and then enter the rankings after that, but in Spong’s case he entered boxing very late, which means he should fight someone in the rankings for his next fight if his plan is to make money
Yeah he isnt getting any younger he is also trained by one of the greatest boxing trainers in the game Pedro Diaz. I think his management is holding him back here

Who manages him?

He needs to join one of the bigger promotions to fight somebody

Who manages him?

He needs to join one of the bigger promotions to fight somebody
yeah its very sad, he has a big name and they could hype the hell outta him fighting some lower level guys on TV, I feel bad for Spong man he needs to demand more from his team, fighting is a rough sport and he should be making money now not later so he has something to sit on, he is lucky he fights in the heavyweights because they can fight into their 40s if they stay in shape but man he needs to strike now I think they need to contact Eddie Hearn for real he has that DAZN money to throw around.

Here's video from ringside-you can hear the punch around :58.

it's weird because he waited this long to go into Boxing he trained with Floyd Mayweather Sr well over a decade ago maybe after he started to move up in weight he put Boxing on hold and once he broke his leg that was his only way to go.

it's weird because he waited this long to go into Boxing he trained with Floyd Mayweather Sr well over a decade ago maybe after he started to move up in weight he put Boxing on hold and once he broke his leg that was his only way to go.

wow he was so small wtf he is scrawny here now he is huge

T look up Nieky Holzken, I thought he beat Callum Smith in a late minute replacement super series fight or at least should have gotten a draw
e.g. you cannot score a fight to save your life

I like Spong but man it seems he is just fighting as a local attraction in Florida shows at gymnasiums, against guys who are willing to take a dive for a quick dollae.

This las guy he fought Silgado he clearly took a dive. sadly these fights are not going to do anything to build up his experience the moment they give him a legit guy who aint paid by the local promoter Spong could be in serious trouble.

He has a legit trainer in Pedro Diaz but whoevee promotes him is not moving him along the right way. Also he seems deluded he keeps calling out Deontay Wilder and Joshua, Whyte, chisora and even Chris Arreola would probabaly spark Soong out.
When spong is ready, he needs to fight Zhang zhilei. If he can beat Zhang, he’ll be ready for a contender.

When spong is ready, he needs to fight Zhang zhilei. If he can beat Zhang, he’ll be ready for a contender.
At this rate he will never be ready, I dont understand whats going on he has a name and any promoter from Golden boy, Top Rank, Hearn would gladly sign him and would have built him up on various undercards and the boost him to a TV undercard broadcast

He should have over 25 fights by now when you building up early they give you like 4 or 5 fights a year and then you step up.

I saw his boxrec and his managers are local as well as his promoter.

Back