Saw a pigeon fight for the first time

P

Pugilistic

Some of you know me as a natural predator of the columba livia domestica, but I have realized I haven't spent that much time observing my prey. While I was walking around with a friend the other day, we came across two male pigeons throwing down.

Now I don't know what the dispute was about but it was enthralling as hell. They both puffed up their chests and were basically chest bumping each other and pushing each other while flapping. Like a feathered sumo match. They were also making a lot of noise. I can only assume they were screaming profanities and pigeon equivalents of "come at me bro." I got pretty close to observe them but they were so caught up in the fight and pissed off at each other that they didn't notice a human standing right next to them.

One was a bit bigger and he seemed to be edging out while the smaller one looked like he was gassing. He would back down and create distance then try to come back and fight again. That manlet tenacity.

I didn't stay for the conclusion because my friend was just like "okay" and wanted to leave but I could've stayed there and watched for hours. Much better than most UFC cards I've seen recently.

Cliffs:
Saw two pigeons fight
The smaller pigeon seemed to be losing
Manlets in the pigeon world also lose out to bigger guys
mg_7440.jpg

Pigeon singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings a learn to fly
All your life
You were always waiting for this moment to arrive
Pigeon Fly

I know what pigeon fucking looks like. They weren't fucking unless it was two gay guys trying to establish dominance over the other.
They're role playing S&M freaks.

Pegeons...

When I had a bunch of doves the male ones would sometimes fight. They would bitch slap each other with their wings and bumrush each other trying to peck the shit out of each other's heads.

Somewhat disturbing to watch, considering they are known as " birds of peace"...

Manlets in the pigeon world also lose out to bigger guys
All pigeons are manlets though; you just witnessed the equivalent of Tyrion Lannister beating up Mini-Me

Why do you pray on pigeons? Are there no chickens, turkeys, or duck to buy at your local supermarket?

Pigeons have it as tough as it is already.

I like to go to my local park with pigeons all over

I sit on a bench and eat chippies as they gather

toss one into the center

<DCWhoa>

Those fucks will kill each other HARDCORE

I wonder how long the pigeon survived in its belly thinking "i'm fucked"?

Does he survive the length of time it takes him to suffocate? Do stomach acid kill him quicker or just burn the sh*t out him until he suffocates?

I just need to know!

Also if the hide is weaker from the inside than the outside can the pigeon do some damage and maybe escape because unlike their usual diet of fish who have no beak and feet with claws, pigeons actually have both.

giphy.gif

Back