Saving the ocean is now 327% more racist

It's just insane that there is a patch of garbage three times the size of France floating around the ocean and the majority of people are not even aware that it exists. We need leaders who actually speak on these things. I don't remember a single President we've had ever mentioning this large country of trash floating around in the ocean.
I’d have to look but how weird is it all the trump are hitler threads from tweets and how few about shit getting done? Well he’s hitler except for anything he actually does.

It is filled with trash of all shapes, sizes, colors, and creeds from cultures all around the world!

genki-sudo-we-are-all-one-flag-of-flags-from-around-the-world.jpg

It really is.

Hopefully one day it becomes economically viable to just launch garbage out into space. Maybe with use of electromagnets like a rail gun or something.

I can tell you from first hand experience that will not end well for us. Many of the other 'beings' out there will not take kindly to us shitting into space like that.

Sobering fact #1: There is a floating island of garbage/plastics in the Pacific that's estimated to be bigger than the state of Texas. Its one of about 5 or so similarly sized trash vortexes spanning the world's major oceans.

Sobering fact #2: There is more than 8,000 tons of space debris forever orbiting around the Earth. Since space trash doesn't have financial consequences for polluting entities, there is literally no incentive to stop it nor clean it up.

Sobering fact #3: The Earth is in the midst of it 6th mass extinction event, this one being the first caused by humans. In just the past 40 yrs or so, we have reduced the planet's known population of vertebrate wildlife in half. And the rates of extinction are only increasing. Not crazy enough for you? Well, to drive it home here's another factoid: Humans represent 0.01% of all life on Earth yet are directly responsible for an 83% reduction in wild mammals and 50% reduction in plant life.

On a macro level, in regards to the planet, we are literally a virus.

Our trash goes to china and we forget about it. The problem is a lot bigger than people think. Everyone is appalled but not enough to stop using plastics
It’s almost as if the free market... doesn’t... solve... all... problems.

Back