Saving the ocean is now 327% more racist

And strong enough for it to break earths orbit or we're gonna have a heck of a lot of trash circling the planet in time.

I have a hard time seeing that economically viable, but it's a cool concept to launch it into the sun. Maybe shooting nuclear waste would be a better place to start since it costs much more to dispose of currently.

Maybe launch it into orbit, then have a barge that goes around picking it all up then towing it out to a safe distance and launching it from there?

This will cease as an issue after a couple of years under the straw ban. I’m sure of it.

This is a good precautionary effort to address the fact that the US is gearing up for a plastic manufacturing / material export boom. Private investment reached 180 billion dollars last year in future plastic industry. Considering the US is by far the biggest resource of shale and shale being the best fossils fuel for plastic production. They need to be thinking of future impact because they will be flooding the market with it

Maybe launch it into orbit, then have a barge that goes around picking it all up then towing it out to a safe distance and launching it from there?

The whole thing sounds very expensive compared to garbage dumps.. haha

What is the OP even about?

I literally have no idea.
Dubs again homey. What was it this time? Are you going head to head with Trump for a presidential shit posting record or something?

What liberals will spin this to:

giphy.gif
Lmao!

Maybe shooting nuclear waste would be a better place to start since it costs much more to dispose of currently.

Ehhhhh. We'd be one challenger disaster away from full on Apocalypse

Sort of agree. I think most stories like this get buried regardless of who is President.

Cleaning up the ocean doesn't put butts in seats.

I wish to the lord God(whom doesn't even exist) that CNN and everybody else would cover a much broader swath of events. But, Trump is such a character that they've gone full palace intrigue/infotainment 24/7.

I mean, when has there ever been a serious discussion about the war in Yemen on CNN, MSNBC, FOX? When have they looked at Israel/Palestine in an honest manner? Even stuff like the Opioid Crisis only gets a passing mention, and then it's on to whatever crazy shit Trump tweeted about.
i feel like someone said that in the op, but you still bitched

I wonder why we don’t just take one ship from there navy, probably a tender actually, and send them down. If every nation chipped in a little we could do a lot over a few years

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...dent-trump-signing-s-3508-save-seas-act-2018/

Trump apparently signed a bipartisan save our oceans bill (easier to get federal funds alocated after events such as hurricanes to clean up plastics and other debris out of the ocean), but Cincy is such a shit war room contributor he couldn't make a literate thread about it so that even leftists such as yourself Homer, can say this is at least one decent thing Trump did. Because Cincy has too much butthurt about CNN being mean to his bdsm "Daddy" he wanted to try and flip that and failed miserably
Mods should just make this the OP instead.

Good on Trump, its nice to see Congress and the POTUS can find common ground on something and do something about it.
Just to make one point since the two of us are in rational discussion mode rather than shit posting/antagonistic mode we often get into:

Good stories like this about Trump not really making news or headlines is one major complaint the right has. I for one have no issue with the massive amount of negative stories about Trump as it's mostly deserved, but the media bias is proven to me when things like this get buried in favor of another round of omg Trump said X

I'm not saying there should be a forced 50/50 split on coverage type of the party, just showing this as an example of what is giving rise to shit tier publications such as Breitbart and Daily Mail
Partisanship sells unfortunately. Honestly if TS didn't have a partisan title would people have clicked on a thread about a bill about plastic?

Mods should just make this the OP instead.

Good on Trump, its nice to see Congress and the POTUS can find common ground on something and do something about it.

Partisanship sells unfortunately. Honestly if TS didn't have a partisan title would people have clicked on a thread about a bill about plastic?
Elected to lead not to read? It’s all in there

The garbage patch is shocking actually. I only heard about it recently, which is even more shocking. It seems like something that should have been addressed by all of the world leaders like 20 years ago. Anything that they want to do at this point is a good thing, it really needs to be addressed immediately.

There's a link that pretty clearly explains what the thread is about. Post on topic please.

He made several posts on topic. Take your own advice.

I support this bill.

Good job not vetoing this bill that garnered bipartisan support, Mr. Trump.

Bigly win!

Or course, if there was a way for the Koch Brothers to make more money by dumping more plastic into the ocean, this bill would have gotten 0% GOP support.

The garbage patch is shocking actually. I only heard about it recently, which is even more shocking. It seems like something that should have been addressed by all of the world leaders like 20 years ago. Anything that they want to do at this point is a good thing, it really needs to be addressed immediately.

Our trash goes to china and we forget about it. The problem is a lot bigger than people think. Everyone is appalled but not enough to stop using plastics.

He made several posts on topic. Take your own advice.
Don't worry about it. Homer is a stickler for the rules and reports lots of posters. He should set an example and follow the rules of the forum. Now THIS is off topic and I have no more to say on it.

Even Trump gets things right every now and then. He can’t bat absolute 0.

Our trash goes to china and we forget about it. The problem is a lot bigger than people think. Everyone is appalled but not enough to stop using plastics.

It's just insane that there is a patch of garbage three times the size of France floating around the ocean and the majority of people are not even aware that it exists. We need leaders who actually speak on these things. I don't remember a single President we've had ever mentioning this large country of trash floating around in the ocean.

Back