Never**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ChristianGuillaume.jpg

guillum-the-great-p1.jpg

guillum-the-great-p3.jpg

guillum-the-great-p5.jpg

according to a savate blog Christian Guillaume fuoght 5 japanese kickboxers and won all five matches. the system allways seemed interesting because of the rythmn and techinques.I was interested to learn that Anderson Silva's former striking coach Daniel Woirin started out in savate before muay thai. perhaps thats where some of his kicks come from.
pachi.jpg
th
he uses the side kicks and such. any thoughts?

So uhm what are you asking?

I never liked the way a lot of savate guys kicked. It looks real stiff to me.

Well , Savate IS french.......and that's all one needs to know about it.

Only Frenchman worth a shit is Jerome le Banner and even he should get a paternity test just to make sure.

Those who disparage the French, know little of their countries recent history. They had arguably the most powerful military of the 20thC. It's power in fact, was largely the cause of our disdain for them. One of its strengths was the adoption of new ideas that worked.

:)

Just sayin.

^ lol

Double lol at the most powerful army bit.
Guns n tanks don't mean shit without the balls and will to use them.

The Polish and the Finns , now that's a different story.
They have my eternal respect ( useless as it is )

Why do low-class Americans (I assume that Sherdog is mostly populated by that breed) systematically denigrate the French ?

Is it an american meathead's perceived duty to make these types of statements ? I find this phenomenon irritating because it displays so much ignorance about history.

True, the French got owned in WWII and the Americans were glorious. But that is just one war in history. Check out early medieval, 17th, 18th and 19th (!) century French military history, before accusing a major western nation with thousands of years of history of cowardice.

Did you know the USA were WWI's profiteur and coward ? Hard to believe, huh ? While millions of French were getting bravery slaughtered in trenches against the Germans.
My point is that even a glorious nation such as the USA has its non-glorious moments.

So read about history before making statements that make you look ignorant.

For the record I am not French.

About the topic: I did a little bit of savate when I was in France. In my experience of it it's a very different approach and philosophy than MT or K-1 or even Knock Down Karate.
It's more based on finesse and timing and being light on one's feet. It is also a long-range fighting style. Definitely some interesting aspects to be learned, and it's alot of fun. IMO it ressembles early american kickboxing, except with a slightly dandy twist and leg kicks allowed.

Im Canadian and don't care for them cheese eating , frog looking , whiny , douchey and pretentious French ( I assume that France is mostly populated by that breed )

Umm , look up the war of 1870 too , genius.....yup , you guessed it , Paris dropped her knickers to the invading Germans.

World War 2 , they got their ass handed on a plate then too.
While the rest of the world were girding up their loins and battling the Germans , even though doomed ( see Poland ) and while Britain sent its best to help out , France waved the flag in exactly 30 days and left the forces at Dunkirk to manage their own way out.
Even Japan and Germany , facing overwhelming odds , decided to ride out the carnage rather than give up without a scratch.
So did lil ole England . Faced up the whole continent which was armed to the teeth and it's only ally ( the US ) an ocean away.
And I'll not even mention those brave Finns who stood up to the soviets ( a far worse enemy than the nazis ) all by themselves.
How many french cities were razed before they decided enough was enough ?
How many Dresdens , Tokyos , Warsaw , Colognes , Coventrys happened on french soil before they kicked their heels up .......NONE.

You know why they gave up so easy , simple , they had practice the last two times.
Just like getting raped in prison ....it gets easier every time until you know just how to assume the position without getting a rugburn.

So , in short , .!.

Oh n btw , show a lil more gratitude to the ol US .
It has it's faults but if it wasn't for them you'd reading Das Spiegel with your schnitzel , homeboy.

Ps - don't worry about them "profiteering" either.
Those loans were mostly never paid back .

Pps - cowards ? It wasn't their war to begin with , you jackass.

Last edited:
^^^ XD ^^^

It's the natural response of a society to an enemy of recent times. While people are generally ignorant of even their most recent history, their prejudices are learnt behaviour more enduring than memories of the inspiring events.

It's a compliment, a adversary less capable would not inspire the process of 'otherisation' necessary before hostilities occur.

I have deleted a paragraph detailing Americas military prowess..

For the record, I'm mainly Irish. We've no prowess to wax lyrical about, save perhaps training terrorists round the world..

Always been interested in Savat, wasnt it Russian first?

Dunno whether you were for or against the frenchy loving History revisionist American basher but the Irish are a good ppl IMO
Even your terrorists are the most well behaved ( relatively speaking ) of the lot.

Now about that liquor ........

:)

Im Canadian and don't care for them cheese eating , frog looking , whiny , douchey and pretentious French ( I assume that France is mostly populated by that breed )

Umm , look up the war of 1870 too , genius.....yup , you guessed it , Paris dropped her knickers to the invading Germans.

World War 2 , they got their ass handed on a plate then too.
While the rest of the world were girding up their loins and battling the Germans , even though doomed ( see Poland ) and while Britain sent its best to help out , France waved the flag in exactly 30 days and left the forces at Dunkirk to manage their own way out.
Even Japan and Germany , facing overwhelming odds , decided to ride out the carnage rather than give up without a scratch.
So did lil ole England . Faced up the whole continent which was armed to the teeth and it's only ally ( the US ) an ocean away.
And I'll not even mention those brave Finns who stood up to the soviets ( a far worse enemy than the nazis ) all by themselves.
How many french cities were razed before they decided enough was enough ?
How many Dresdens , Tokyos , Warsaw , Colognes , Coventrys happened on french soil before they kicked their heels up .......NONE.

You know why they gave up so easy , simple , they had practice the last two times.
Just like getting raped in prison ....it gets easier every time until you know just how to assume the position without getting a rugburn.

So , in short , .!.

Oh n btw , show a lil more gratitude to the ol US .
It has it's faults but if it wasn't for them you'd reading Das Spiegel with your schnitzel , homeboy.

Ps - don't worry about them "profiteering" either.
Those loans were mostly never paid back .

Pps - cowards ? It wasn't their war to begin with , you jackass.

how do you feel about french canadians?

tell us how you really feel , dont hold back now.

Back