Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with Canada

Prokofievian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/08/06/570321/saudi-canada-ambassador-ties

PressTV said:
"It is very unfortunate that the words 'immediate release' appeared in the Canadian statement... it is unacceptable in relations between countries," tweeted the Saudi foreign ministry in response.

Riyadh also released a statement on the official Saudi Press Agency, in which it confirmed its commitment to not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and in return rejected any intervention by them.

"Any further step from the Canadian side in that direction will be considered as acknowledgment of our right to interfere in the Canadian domestic affairs," said the statement.

Below is the offending tweet (retweet from the embassay in KSA).

And here's KSA's response

giphy.gif

This article gives some background into the people who have been detained:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...ackdown-arrests-samar-badawi-nassima-al-sadah

The Guardian said:
Samar Badawi, an internationally recognised activist, and Nassima al-Sadah, a co-founding member of Al-Adalah Center for Human Rights, were detained earlier this week....

Badawi, a recipient of the International Women of Courage award, was a prominent figure in the call to end the driving ban for women, a landmark reform passed in June and credited to Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Al-Sadah was barred from standing as a candidate in local elections in 2015, the first year in which women were allowed to run.

Both al-Sadah and Badawi had challenged the country’s male guardianship system, which requires women to obtain permission from their fathers, brothers, husbands or even sons for a range of basic life decisions.

KSA's obviously acting within its rights expelling the Canadian Ambassador. I'm happy that Canada issued a strong statement of condemnation, but ultimately that's all it is. I do like the Saudi counter threat: that they'll meddle in Canadian affairs if this continues. Lol, you've seen Russian twitter bots, wait until you see Saudi twitter bots.

A coworker mentioned to me tonight that sa had severed ties with us.

My response: good.

Good for Canada. No civilized country should have anything to do with those barbarians.

So I guess we won't be getting any new mosques? What ever shall we do?

Now if the rest of the western world would sever ties with Saudi Arabia, That'd be great.

Last edited:
Threatening to meddle is weirdly gangster

tenor.gif

Too bad the US is ran by money grubbing butt-whores in the garbs of strongmen.

Fuck em.

I liked their excuse - but those people were arrested in accordance with our laws! Well a country that prosecutes atheists as terrorists doesn't sound like a place where laws are based on objective morality (lets not argue on the semantics of that term, but agree it's more accurate as an aggregate in more populations than not). It was legal to persecute Jews in Nazi Germany, as it was legal to ship political opponents to the gulag behind the curtain, and it was legal to own people in Saudia Arabia until a few decades ago. So, once again, fuck em.

Does this mean that Trudeau is no longer a cuck? @Devout Pessimist @Tropodan

I mean, his government just stood up to the world's largest exporter of terrorism, meanwhile in the US....
SmugCapitalFlies-size_restricted.gif

509641666.jpg

Canada need to be careful. Saudi can easily declare war on them and smash them

Canada need to be careful. Saudi can easily declare war on them and smash them
The only thing SA has in more abundance than money is personal incompetence, so no worries.

The Swedish government took a similar approach some years ago but then the most influential industrial family called the prime minister for a emergency meeting and within hours, a special delegation flew to Saudi Arabia to mend all wounds!

Fuck em.

I liked their excuse - but those people were arrested in accordance with our laws! Well a country that prosecutes atheists as terrorists doesn't sound like a place where laws are based on objective morality (lets not argue on the semantics of that term, but agree it's more accurate as an aggregate in more populations than not). It was legal to persecute Jews in Nazi Germany, as it was legal to ship political opponents to the gulag behind the curtain, and it was legal to own people in Saudia Arabia until a few decades ago. So, once again, fuck em.

Lol, the rights* of the detainees are guaranteed and subject to due process, bro!

*rights to detention without charge and eventual 40 lashes

FUCKING HILARIOUS. Canadians are such cucks.

They import Islamic culture in bulk to their country, and then the second they condemn an act so barbaric that they cannot stay silent the Muslims tell them to go fuck themselves.

If only Canadian cucks had such a spine as that of the Islamic countries they wish they were.

I’m guessing we are going to hear about how Islam is super awesome the next time a Muslim runs down 100 people in a truck. Canadians will lead the charge.

I wish Drump had the balls to do the same

The Swedish government took a similar approach some years ago but then the most influential industrial family called the prime minister for a emergency meeting and within hours, a special delegation flew to Saudi Arabia to mend all wounds!

Wouldnt surprise me at all, can you share a link sherbro

Money talks....saudis know the true god of the west is money

Back