International Saudi woman, 18, held in Bangkok airport, trying to flee Saudi family who will kill her.

18 years old means that she is an adult. She can legally fly on her own.

Within the article, there was no statement that she had broken any Thai (or international laws). Just because she broke a Saudi law (leaving the country without the permission of a male guardian), does not mean that Thai authorities can detain her.

She is an adult outside of Saudi authority being detained in Thailand for breaking a Saudi law.

Am I missing something?

Handing over a terrified teenage girl fleeing a terrible fate is wrong in every culture for thousands of years.

Even if the last game of thrones book A dance with Dragons Alys Karstark was fleeing a forced marriage with her cruel uncle Cregan Karstark and Jon snow broke the law and his vows to protect her and give her shelter.

This is set in medieval times though a fictional book.

Within the article, there was no statement that she had broken any Thai (or international laws). Just because she broke a Saudi law (leaving the country without the permission of a male guardian), does not mean that Thai authorities can detain her.

She is an adult outside of Saudi authority being detained in Thailand for breaking a Saudi law.

Am I missing something?

no you arent. It sounds like saudis contacted Thai officials at airport and bribed them to not let her fly. So corrupt thai officials are doing this.

I hope she enjoyed her 18 years on earth, because I dont see her making it to 19. Which is fucking disgusting.

Handing over a terrified teenage girl fleeing a terrible fate is wrong in every culture for thousands of years.

Even if the last game of thrones book A dance with Dragons Alys Karstark was fleeing a forced marriage with her cruel uncle Cregan Karstark and Jon snow broke the law and his vows to protect her and give her shelter.

No, all cultures do not see it that way and if we are talking thousands of years it is even worse.

Your fantasy books do not jive with reality.

<LikeReally5>

I think her only hope is Thailand doing the right thing and not turn her over either by their own accord or from outside pressure.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-46777848

More weirdness.

Thai authorities state she was detained for not having a Thai visa.

However, you don't need a visa if you are just at a layover and waiting for a connecting flight.

Thai authorities also claim she is being detained for not having a return flight.

However, that is not a crime. Having a one-way ticket is not illegal. After all, it's Australia's call anyway since it is an Australian visa within her passport.

That's a terrible position to be in. I hope she can make her way to safety.

I hope she makes it out of this somehow, and I wish we'd cut ties with them already.

Lets ignore your hero Trump who cucks to Arabia on a daily basis.
LOL at my "hero". What does Trump have to do with this thread?

Last edited:

Am I missing something?

Yeah, you are forgetting the Crusades bro. Stop being a bigots against Muslims.

Lets ignore your hero Trump who cucks to Arabia on a daily basis.

Trump has been cucked by the Saudis and so has every other president since 1979, but still I had high hopes for Trump and will def shit on him at every turn for this. That being said at least he hasn’t accepted back former isis fighters

Back