Opinion Saudi Prince MBS planning on a 1600 foot high 75 mile long building

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
square

It will house 5 million people have a 1000 foot high sports venue. Let's not help our people lets build a gigantic trillion dollar waste of money.

"
Even in a country where excess is often the norm, the plans for the Mirror Line project are eye popping.

The two buildings, if completed, will reach 1,600 feet into the sky—likely near 150 stories—and will run parallel for 75 miles. The price tag on the complex? A jaw dropping trillion dollars.

The Mirror Line is the pet project of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, reports The Wall Street Journal. It will house roughly 5 million people and will include a high-speed train under the buildings to let people move about in it."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/saudi-crown-prince-wants-build-165750329.html

Last edited:
So tons more slave labor is in the mix I suppose so people can have shiny things.

I wonder how big of a wall or building we could make out of all the cell phones Americans buy all produced in part by slave labor.

Lol I saw the headline the other and thought it was 2 buildings 75 miles apart connected by a footbridge lmao

This...LMAO

Reactions: PEB
This is a really weird idea, and I doubt it happens. I would think that they would be researching ways to make buildings more energy efficient, etc. Maybe create walls and backfill with sand dunes for insulation. They seem like really dumb people with too much oil and money. I'm not sure what they are going to do when the Ghawar finally shits out. They should be putting a lot of that money in research and projects with other nations that possess more technological know-how.

Well, while Saudis had long years talked about their interest in nuclear energy...
I think it isn't suitable for them cos cooling via towers isn't best solution for their climate....and ...cooling systems without towers for reasonable price.. requires a lot of water and are suitable for cold or at least not too warm climate areas ....

While....solar power potential Saudi Arabia does have really damn huge + different techniques might be used: tower+ mirrors systems to create steam.
Next solution: pv panels....
Thrid: collectors to create steam ....

How about turn Saudi arabia into a Forest or a very green area? Turn the Desert into a beautiful garden.

Maybe invest in next gen power? Nope ,1600 feet-150 stories, 75 mile long stupid ass building....

It is very expensive.
You should install irrigation systems ( very expensive )_ ...
To buy soil ( YEAH).+ transport soil ...
Etc...

Therefore for desert area ppl oasis is saint symbol, water too.
Holy water. For a reason.

Saudi Arabia are notorious for such claims and then it all goes to shit. Case in point Jeddah tower, the so called "next tallest tower in the world" was planned to be 1 kilometre tall (3300 in freedom feet) but never got near that height before going bust.

i wouldnt be surprised if i checked my spam folder in my email and found some kind of email from some saudi prince claiming that i'm one of his relatives and he's planning on constructing a 1600 foot high 75 mile long building, but the only thing is that he has way too much money in his bank account and he needs me to give him all my banking details so that he can dump an excess of 40 million dollars into my account, and he just needs me to give him an initial deposit of $100-500 worth of itunes gift cards just to get everything set up

there used to be scams like that. always seems to start off with a saudi prince somehow.

That would be an atrocity. Dystopian crap in the making.

Looks a bit claustrophobic.

When I heard of the concept initially I didn't imagine it to be so cramped (and not on ground level).

This seems dystopian...Maybe they are intentionally going for the Cyberpunk aesthetic

Half-Life 3 will come out before this is finished, if it is really started.
They are already balls deep in construction if you check Google Earth... I hope this isn't rushed, feels like it's prone to disasters

Interesting that there's no hijab on the flying chick on their website.
Makes me wonder whom exactly they envisage living in this city.
They are definitely trying to position themselves as the leaders of the Muslim world, to the point of stamping on international Muslim groups elsewhere. They have the obvious advantages there.
Could be they are trying for a broader appeal though.

Reactions: PEB
Back