Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has died in hospital, state TV says.

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has died in hospital, state TV says.

The announcement, made early on Friday, said his brother, Salman, had become king.

Before the announcement, Saudi television cut to Koranic verses, which often signifies the death of a senior royal.

King Abdullah, who was said to be aged about 90, had been in hospital for several weeks suffering from a lung infection.

Sauce: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30945324

So, they got ISIS to the North, an collapsing Yemen to the South and rising Islamic fundamentalist sentiment at home. Now the Saudi King is dead, political stability probably just went out the window. Are we seeing the death spin of Saudi Arabia into Jihadistan?

And the new King is 79yo, of ill health, and even reports that he suffers from dementia.

Just posted that in the Yemen thread. I too am curious what the implications (if any) are? Is the new Saudi King going to be more of the same or does he present a different dynamic?

A 90 year old human being died? Stop the presses!

A 90 year old human being died? Stop the presses!

You have to believe there was a succession order set in place, hell the 90 yr old King was probably nothing more than a figurehead - of course that is important in a lot of cases. From what I can glean, the next in line is not in question - but it's the one after than could devolve into a shitstorm.

Jr's gonna miss his ol ..buddy...they had a "special" kinda bond.

Saudi%20king8_1.jpg

513.jpg
the-saudi-kiss.jpg

Jr's gonna miss his ol ..buddy...they had a "special" kinda bond.

Saudi%20king8_1.jpg

513.jpg
the-saudi-kiss.jpg

bowing%20to%20Saudi%20King.jpg

Bush will probably be at the funeral, hitching a ride on AF1 as Obama will be there as well. Cheney can get his own ride. Kerry will have James Taylor in tow.

Next several days the Media talking heads have a good opportunity to fill the airwaves with their blather to justify their employment but in the end this isn't going to mean much of anything.

Succession line has been established and Abdullah's poor health was well known for awhile now. it will just be business as usual.

This isn't a big deal.

The Houthi thing is a big deal.

-

I hope Charlie Hebdo runs an Abdullah cover.

one less oppressive ruler. Hopefully Arabia will soon get rid of that awful "Saudi" possessive adjective removed.

How is shit about to go down? This isn't the first time the king of Saudi Arabia has died. Last time it happened was 2005.

I highly doubt anything will happen. Anything out of the ordinary at least.

Another Saudi douvhe will take over. They have like 58584848 members in that family and control every aspect of life in KSA

Back