Saudi Arabia might host the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

What a stupid fucking thing to say, its being held in a completely neutral venue, financed by people who have no interest in either party, yet some people cant help trying to lay down the foundations for a "scandal" before a punch is thrown.

Grow the fuck up!

You're a candidate for "Sherdog poster that curses the most 2019".

I'm surprised

AJ had 3 options;

fight in the UK - this is if he values winning above everything
fight in the US - this is if he values his legacy above everything
fight in the Saudi Arabia - if he values money above everything

This was the call of AJ more than anyone else

Andy Ruiz reason for accepting a fight in the Middle East:
source.gif

I'm surprised

AJ had 3 options;

fight in the UK - this is if he values winning above everything
fight in the US - this is if he values his legacy above everything
fight in the Saudi Arabia - if he values money above everything

This was the call of AJ more than anyone else
How did you come to that conclusion? Seemed to me that this in a neutral country, as Ruiz didn't want to fight in the UK.

How did you come to that conclusion? Seemed to me that this in a neutral country, as Ruiz didn't want to fight in the UK.

It’s neutral in the respect there will be no fans or atmosphere, but there are zero local regulations or experience and with a shit ton of cash up for grabs, hard not to see any corruption creeping in...

This was AJ's call, Eddie Hearn said many times, this was stipulated in the rematch clause
So that means he values money above everything else? That seems like a bit of stretch imo.
It’s neutral in the respect there will be no fans or atmosphere, but there are zero local regulations or experience and with a shit ton of cash up for grabs, hard not to see any corruption creeping in...
WBSS has seemed to have worked out well without any corruption.

perhaps but I'd gather judges will be selected from each of alphabet title bodies and the referee would have to be agreed upon. So any corruption would come in the form of drug testing, but if VADA is being used, it doesn't quite matter. Leaving really just accommodations and such to screw someone over with. My concern would be safety and medical issues.

What a stupid fucking thing to say, its being held in a completely neutral venue, financed by people who have no interest in either party, yet some people cant help trying to lay down the foundations for a "scandal" before a punch is thrown.

Grow the fuck up!
Fuck off you twat! AJ is the A-side. No way Ruiz wins on points. AJ is the A-side and worth FAR more than Ruiz. Won't matter anyway as Ruiz is getting knocked out.

So that means he values money above everything else? That seems like a bit of stretch imo.

YOu think he is going to fight in Saudi Arabia, so he can visit mecca or something?

I have no real problem with people being motivated purely by money, I just wouldn't have guessed it in AJ's case

YOu think he is going to fight in Saudi Arabia, so he can visit mecca or something?

I have no real problem with people being motivated purely by money, I just wouldn't have guessed it in AJ's case
DAZN could of had influence over this as well. They get to pay out 8 figures less than if it would have been in NY.

Or because it was in a neutral country that's financially beneficial for both fighters? It probably would have been in Cardiff if it wasn't for Ruiz saying he wouldn't fight in the UK. Hearn, AJ, Ruiz, and DAZN all probably had a hand in it.

DAZN could of had influence over this as well. They get to pay out 8 figures less than if it would have been in NY.
Well they've already had success over there with the WBSS.

Or because it was in a neutral country that's financially beneficial for both fighters? It probably would have been in Cardiff if it wasn't for Ruiz saying he wouldn't fight in the UK. Hearn, AJ, Ruiz, and DAZN all probably had a hand in it.
Why would Aj's team care what Ruiz wants, when they have the contractual upper hand and can dictate where the fight goes?

And does Ruiz think the Saudi athletic commission will he better than UK?

<{1-9}>

Why would Aj's team care what Ruiz wants, when they have the contractual upper hand and can dictate where the fight goes?
I'd imagine it would get the rematch out of the way fairly quickly if they chose a place that's suitable for both guys, instead of arguing with Ruiz constantly. I don't know the ins and outs of the contract either, so I don't know how much of a say Ruiz has and what happens if he refuses to go to the UK. I'd imagine that's a situation Hearn would like to avoid as well. AJ stuck fighting guys, risking another loss all while they're in a legal battle with Ruiz, and AJ has no belts, and is now less of a draw because of it.

EBix-HOX4AAwue8

They've named it Clash of the Dunes. I'm not totally sure I get that. As in what? They're like two massive sand dunes? (edit - Clash ON the Dunes).

One good thing is I won't have to stay up till stupid o'clock to watch it.

There'll be no atmosphere. I really hope they don't try and sing Sweet Caroline.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back