saudi arabia and executions

If the crime is really bad and if there is no doubt that the person did the crime, I am OK with it.

But I would suggest to use something other than a blunt sword.

Best not have a labia while living in Saudi Arabia.

I think religious hardlined ruled countries to be the most evil construct in the world today. 1000 lashes for creating a secular website?? There is no God, deal with it you sand eating parasites.

footodors: I would watch out, I think the mods are not into videos like that.

She struggled. I imagine that's why lots or the majority Ive seen on ync seem so calm.

She would probably get the same punishment for going down on a 27 year old woman.

If it was done in the United States, it would be labeled by liberal journalists as the most gruesome atrocity ever(well at least with Bush, if it was Obama they would probably roll with it(no pun intended).

But it's the exotic, misunderstood Muslim world & we need to empathize with those crudely beheading & genitally mutilating women...we need to feel their rage, their anger in order for them to accept Civilization. We need to react in the classic manner of leftist foreign policy: Bending over to accommodate them & taking it, but pretending it sent happening to save face.

Simply the most barbaric and unjust state on earth; our countries should be so proud of leaving our principles at the door as we gently fellate the Saudis.

And for those who say its ok to chop of a woman's head in front of a baying mob, under any circumstances, shame on you.

The U.S. executes people too.

And it doesn't matter if it takes 1 swipe, or 3. If she died, it was a successful execution.

The U.S. executes people too.

And it doesn't matter if it takes 1 swipe, or 3. If she died, it was a successful execution.

I mean, yea, pretty much.

If we're going to call it a botched execution, we do that in the states as well; albeit not publicly, and not with a sword.

I mean, yea, pretty much.

If we're going to call it a botched execution, we do that in the states as well; albeit not publicly, and not with a sword.

When we botch executions we try to improve the drugs used so it doesn't happen again.

When we botch executions we try to improve the drugs used so it doesn't happen again.

Who am I to say they won't get a better swordsman?

I agree that lethal injection behind closed doors is a more, shall we say, "civilized" form of execution. But it's not infallible and it's still execution.

Who am I to say they won't get a better swordsman?

I agree that lethal injection behind closed doors is a more, shall we say, "civilized" form of execution. But it's not infallible and it's still execution.

It is more civilized. Don't act like the U.S is anything like Saudi. Not only that but do you honestly think for one second that this woman got a fair trial? They probably wanted to execute her from the beginning and sped through a joke of a trial.

• Generally, death for the crime she was accused of is perfectly fine.
  • The level of pain experienced is not a big deal to me.
  • In front of an agitated mob, is not really the way to foster a calm, rational society that thinks through important decisions.

More broadly, though, Saudi Arabia is an extreme fundamentalist shithole. Saying they're 1000 yrs behind the West in their development might be too generous.

From the same article
Saudi blogger, Raif Badawi was sentenced to 1000 lashes and 10 years imprisonment for creating a secular website

It is more civilized. Don't act like the U.S is anything like Saudi. Not only that but do you honestly think for one second that this woman got a fair trial? They probably wanted to execute her from the beginning and sped through a joke of a trial.

Lol relax. I was simply saying execution is execution. We do it, they do it. We botch them, they botch them.

And instead of asking me to assume an answer to those questions, why don't you go research the case and find out for yourself. I watched the video and read the article but I have no desire to go do further research to provide you with something you can do your own leg work to determine.

Back