Satoshi Oishii?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Coolkid666, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Coolkid666

Coolkid666 Brown Belt

I'm not too familiar with his accomplishments, his last fights were against Rampage and King Mo last night. it looks like he doesn't even know whats going on. Probably the worst fighter I've ever seen. But he didn't get finished, so maybe he is that damn good?

2. mime

mime Black Belt

such a waste of ishii fighting their lhws, he should be fighting their hws. the match-making makes no sense. not only does the matches not make sense, you already know on paper that the fight won't be exciting so why make it? i think he would do well against the bellator hws though

3. GAR

GAR Brown Belt

Honestly Japan has not produced any high level atheletes in a long time, does not look like the future is bright for Japanese MMA fighters, all mid level fighters, Aoki, came to US and did nothing, Kawajiri, came to US and did nothing, Ishi, nothing and the list goes on.....

4. Bluesbreaker

Bluesbreaker Black Belt

Ishii has just shown no aptitude for MMA. He doesn't look like he wants to fight.

He is, or was, an elite judo player. But, he seemed to have a style that's not really conducive to fighting in MMA. He didn't exactly produce a highlight reel during his Olympic run.

Putting him with Mo, who is known to often shit the bed, was a recipe for disaster.

5. Fullmount Triangle

Fullmount Triangle Don't Let Them Force Feed You.

Ishii is a modern day tragedy. He came into MMA a 21 year old judo gold medalist, THE WORLD WAS HIS OYSTER.

6. greenskye23

greenskye23 Blue Belt

Ishi is a fine fighter if they gave him the right matchups he could be susessful in both divisions but they put him against rampage (a fight i still think he won) and king mo,

7. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

Ishii is the biggest proof that not every combat athlete at the top of their careers can just come in mma and dominate. Ishii has youth, gold medal, and hometown advantage but he is no world beater.

8. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Gold Belt

Ishii is weird.

He's not untalented.
    But in many fights he looks exceptionally passive. Like he either has no desire to harm someone else or he literally forgot to train any offense, so he's just there to defend himself until it's all over.

9. manboy<3

manboy<3 don't card me bro

He has several mental illnessess that have been keeping him out of title contention but when he became best friends with Mousasi and named his children after Mousasi he became not only a great warrior but a great man too

He did beat Rampage but Mo was a bad match up for him

I really think with his mentall ilness he has he is never going to be UFC champ or RIZIN GP winner