Sasquatch Open #7 is back! :)

BZLJJ

White Belt
Reaction score

We are currently looking for 8 competitors for our "Lock-Ness" division for Sasquatch Open #7! This is a "submission only", winner-take-all, no time-limit division, in which the winner will receive $500 in cash! We are asking that the competitors wear a gi. If you are interested, or know someone that might be, please email your credentials to: [email protected]

Thanks!

For more info: www.sasquatchopen.com (or click the poster above)

Last edited:
The 8 man "Lock-Ness" is an OPEN weight tourney.

Some of our past winners, include Nick Ackerman (the phenom w/ no legs from MFS), Jacob Volkman (current UFC fighter), Bruce Hoyer, and Red Schafer (former UFC fighter). We have also had quite a few high level MMA fighters compete in with the advanced divisions of our tournament, including Drew Dober, Eric Wisley, Erik Koch, Razak Al-Hassan, Jake Ellenberger, Red Schafer, and others. Thank you for your interest!

Still looking for guys for our 8 man "Lock-Ness" division! :)

It's a phenomenal tournament folks. If you live anywhere near Iowa I would absolutely suggest you go!

Thank you, Aaron! :)

Also, someone that you know real well has agreed to be a part of the "Lock-Ness" division! ;) It will be a gi only division this time! If I recall correctly, he made to the finals against a very tough Bruce Hoyer, in one of our last tournaments without the gi. I look forward to seeing him in action again. I can only assume that he has gotten a little better in the last 3 years or so! ;) lol

Thanks again, Aaron, and I hope to see you there!

We are still looking for guys to fill in our 8 man PRO (Lock-Ness) division! If you are interested in winning $500 in cash, please email us! :)

This tournament is open to ALL competitors! We are just looking to fill in the PRO spots at the moment.

Registration is now open! The first 50 to register will receive one of our cool new Sasquatch Open t-shirts!

Sean,

If/when we have a budget that would allow something like that, I would love to! lol

:wink:

Edited to let you (Sean) know that this comment is for first comment about flying you out to compete. I didn't see your follow up comment, until I refreshed the page. Therefore, my reply to your Pan Ams comment is below! :)

Last edited:
Sean,

You aren't the first one to mention that to me! lol Although, it is flattering that people mention this, I think that our tournament in Iowa is more of a Midwest tournament at this point. I would love for it to grow to the point that we are on the same level as a tournament like the Pan Ams... but that is a LONG way in the future (if EVER)! lol

Who else is going to this tournament? I believe we're sending at least 3 (including Kyle Nordstrom who is doing the pro-challenge).

Back