SAS refuses to apologize, instead highlights Conor's losses, tapping habits

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
"If you’re telling me to apologize for using the word ‘quit’ or whatever, fine that’s no problem but don’t tell me that the guy wasn’t in over his head, don’t tell me the guy didn’t look like the bright light was just too big or too great for him,” Smith told ESPN. “Don’t tell me that it didn’t illuminate on him so much that he didn’t seem to be able to handle the pressure of the moment. I’m not apologizing for that.

“Conor McGregor as far as I’m concerned, despite four losses on his resume is elite,” Smith continued. “And one of the biggest reasons he is elite even though he’s tapped out a couple of times or so is this reality, he shows up. He shows up for the big events and the big events never seem to be too much for him. Conor McGregor’s not gonna be somebody that goes out there and beats himself. You wanna beat him you’re gonna have to literally do that, beat him.

“I will not apologize and I will not backtrack from my position. I don’t care what Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan says, although I profoundly respect both. We will just have to respectfully disagree on what we saw.”

Smith no apologize to manlets.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/stephen-a-smith-will-not-apologize-to-rogan-mcgregor/

To all Sherbros.

Stop making thread about Stephen A.

Please.

Rogan back to his manlet hide out.

Idgaf i agree with sas. If it wasnt cowboy and some random other fighter, people wouldve said the same shit.

Joe-Rogan-Dana-White-Fight-424x3561.jpg

For a minute I thought the British special forces unit kind of SAS was making fun of Conor. That would have been a lot more fun than the actual thread content.

Hes literally saying the same thing many mma journalists have over the years about Cowboy. Chuck Mindenhall, one of the few decent journalists in MMA, essentially said the same thing after the Conor fight. People are only mad because it's an outsider saying it.

Hes literally saying the same thing many mma journalists have over the years about Cowboy. Chuck Mindenhall, one of the few decent journalists in MMA, essentially said the same thing after the Conor fight. People are only mad because it's an outsider saying it.
Conor has a lot of fans who wants to hype this up as if it wasn't a squash match for them to eat it all up. Smith has integrity by holding true to his word.

Stephen A-level Smith is the best thing to ever happen to MMA

Its not "people" but Rogan with his inferiority complex and his fanboys. Kind if perplexing how most dont see how Rogan is playing the media front for UFC public relations with his behaviour.

That even at 50years he still needs to play to his insecurities really speaks volumes about Rogan.

I wouldnt say Smith is much better. Just two persons with a big ego and little competence.

At this point I'm pretty sure Rogan and Smith already hashed this shit out behind the scenes and now are just extending for viewership.

Smith is saying what so many people here did but just because he’s a CaSuAl all the lame hArDcOrE fAnS are banning together to go against him when they were saying the exact same shit

Apologize for what?

He didn't say anything that a bunch of fans (including people on this board) has said about Cerrone.

Rogan is a hypocrite. He endorsed Bernie Sanders and pundits came after him. Then he does the same thing to A. Smith.

Apologize for what?

He didn't say anything that a bunch of fans (including people on this board) has said about Cerrone.

Rogan is a hypocrite. He endorsed Bernie Sanders and pundits came after him. Then he does the same thing to A. Smith.
Do we as fans accuse every fighter that can't continue due to getting beat a quitter?

Not normally. Most of the time we credit the opponent for winning. This is the criticism that everyone is looking over but yet the main point of the issue.

Conor has a lot of fans who wants to hype this up as if it wasn't a squash match for them to eat it all up. Smith has integrity by holding true to his word.

In most instances I find SAS to be a complete joke of a "journalist", but I do respect him not backtracking on his opinion.

Back