Sarah Kaufman wants to

Bethe hasn't impressed me at all and I think a fight with Kaufman would be extremely competitive.

She didn't come close to finishing Duke was the point. Well, what has Bethe done to so impress you?

Be fast, strong, athletic, have sharp boxing for a female, get better each fight, have good cardio, good pace, good octagon awareness, surprisingly good takedowns and top control. She gets smashed by the top 5 imo, but she's still a decent fighter.

Now, what has Kaufman done lately that impresses you so much? I don't care about names, someone she beat a decade ago, I mean what moments, patterns, abilities, etc. have impressed you in Kaufman's UFC run that makes you think she is indisputably the favorite in this fight?

Doubt it. Bethe more than likely bullies her around and wears her down with volume punching. Sarah's just not athletic enough to keep a pace with someone like Bethe.

Sarah wrecked Smith and I had her winning against Eyes. It will be a pretty close fight vs Bethe.

Sarah wrecked Smith and I had her winning against Eyes. It will be a pretty close fight vs Bethe.

See, more "Names" I don't give a shit about.
I don't think Smith is a good fighter. I know she finished Duke and Bethe didn't, but meh. I'm just not really seeing her as a real contender any time soon
I thought the Eye fight was horribly ugly and boring and could have gone either way.

When you're a fighter and you say you're bringing violence to the ring, it's like being a race bike driver and saying your're bringing a bike to the race...doesn't really make sense now, does it?
Girl, you better bring something else than just violence...because everybody brings that to a fight.

Also, only Wanderlei is allowed to say that and make it sound legit...you...not so much.

Bring violence to the Octagon (TM)? Is the cut man going to stand in for her? Sarah, we've seen you fight. Your opponent couldn't stop an opponent with a baseball bat. Decision.

Her prediction for the fight? "pain" ala Clubber Lang style!

Here's the thing, I don't have to discredit Kaufman to think Bethe is better.

Doesn't mean Kaufman's not a great fighter, which she is, I just think Bethe beats her ass.

Really? Well, that's a change of tune from implying Kaufman is a 'journeywoman of yesteryear'...

What did she do in her UFC run... beat Smith who looked more impressive than Bethe against Duke? When you say you don't care about 'names', so that means you place less value in results than your subjective 'eye test'?

If by 'violence' she means a cat fight to a decision, then I agree.

well that would be the 1st time she would have brought any violence to the cage, seems far-fetched.
You've clearly missed most of Kaufman's fights. I don't think I've seen a girl bust up and bloody so many fighters. She may not have finishing power, but she is an accurate volume puncher and she beat the breaks off of Tate, Alexis Davis (twice), and I thought it was a clear 29-28 in her favor against Eye. I like Beth but her best wins are against a scrub standup fighter in Duke and an old, never-that-good Bayzler who has a horrid tendency to back herself into the cage and cover up. This is a good match, far from a gimme for Beth.

Really? Well, that's a change of tune from implying Kaufman is a 'journeywoman of yesteryear'...

What did she do in her UFC run... beat Smith who looked more impressive than Bethe against Duke? When you say you don't care about 'names', so that means you place less value in results than your subjective 'eye test'?

She is.
She's not touching that title any time soon and I don't think she's beating anyone at the top of the division. Same as how I feel about Bethe

What was impressive about those performances? You guys keep harping on names. "So and So beat SO and SO who couldn't beat so and so". I don't give a fuck. Tell me what was impressive about those wins. What did Kaufman do? How did she impress?

I place value in what my eyes are seeing a person do. Bethe has less mileage, seems less labored in her performances, and a gets better every time she fights. Much better.

Da Speeit;102349459 What was impressive about those performances? You guys keep harping on names. "So and So beat SO and SO who couldn't beat so and so". I don't give a fuck. Tell me what was impressive about those wins. [B said:
What did Kaufman do?[/B] How did she impress?

Badly outstruck a fighter in Smith who outperformed Bethe against a common opponent?

What makes you think she would get handled by Tate now, BTW?

Edit - 'What did Kaufman do' is supposed to be bolded but for some reason the quote is F'ed up.

She's sloooowwwww

Eye is both fast and technical and while Kaufman lost the decision officially, many/possibly most thought she won and she definitely held her own standing, so I guess she somehow makes her slow plodding style work for her.

As for Tate unless Miesha has improved her striking more than we know, she'd likely get her takedowns stuffed and outstruck to a decision again.

As for Tate unless Miesha has improved her striking more than we know, she'd likely get her takedowns stuffed and outstruck to a decision again.

Nope. It wouldn't happen. Eye looked horrible against Davis and din't show to be "Fast" or "Technical" enough to hang with imo the worst athlete in the divison
We just disagree. It's obvious you're very invested in Sarah and that's cool, but I don't have a dog in this fight. Only female fighter I actually kind of like is McMann. I don't see Kaufman beating this version of Tate, which is far superior to the one she beat 5-6 years ago.

Miesha's faster, more aggressive and would toy with her.

Reading this topic inspired me to Wiki some of the ladies in the 135 division, and man it seems like for the most part they never fight outside of a few girls.

The UFC really needs to get busy booking these chicks some fights.

Back