Santos fight IQ ?

r-harper-1

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He’s has to have some of the worst fight IQ on the roster ..... why follow Glover to the ground after dropping him ? I could maybe get a quick attempt at a finish and then stand back up scenario ....but to stay on the ground with Glover who dominated and almost choked you out the round previous is fucking dumb .......hats off to Glover for a fine performance

I was thinking the same while it was happening. Play to your strengths, not his.

He dropped him badly. I legit thought Glover was done too.

Fight IQ, basic defensive technique from his back, mentality

All are in serious, serious question today

Well..I don't agree with that. He was trying to finish the fight, and usually after an opponent goes to the floor after getting rocked, you follow through with ground and pound and finish the fight. Glover just showed some incredible ability to withstand the heavy blows and recover and Tiago gassed himself in the process.

Well..I don't agree with that. He was trying to finish the fight, and usually after an opponent goes to the floor after getting rocked, you follow through with ground and pound and finish the fight. Glover just showed some incredible ability to withstand the heavy blows and recover and Tiago gassed himself in the process.
I get some follow up shots ....but he should’ve stood back up at some point ....their grappling ability clearly aren’t on the same level

Yeah he should have backed off and let the ref stand Glover up, but then Glover would’ve immediately shot for a takedown anyways

Yes Santos did the right thing and try to GnP Glover out. But there was a point where he was stalled that's when he should have stood up and squared off with him again. Bad fight IQ on Santos part.

Santos was having trouble accepting that Glover was a slippery old dog. The takedown was a major concern for his corner, but the old man was bulldozing through his strikes and still making it to him. Santos was sort of treating glover like a wild animal he had to put down as fast as possible. I think when he finally had top position he felt his power would be enough. It was not.

I get some follow up shots ....but he should’ve stood back up at some point ....their grappling ability clearly aren’t on the same level
I think he was exhausted and tried to capitalize on his chance to terminate Glover. It's not the easiest decision to make, you are in the midst of a fight and on top of an opponent. What Glover showed was extreme resilience. I have a hard time blaming Tiago here for making an error.

Bad move yes but 2 or 3 more hits in certain spots on Glover's head and we wouldn't have had this discussion.

The guy has a giant hammer tattooed on his chest, I don’t think IQ is his strong suit.
I totally agree, but on the other hand... he kinda rocks it well :) It suits his persona. Nobody else would look remotely as good as he is with that tattoo.

Back