Santiago Ponzinibbio calls out Anthony Pettis following ‘lucky’ win over Stephen Thompson

Nothing against Pettis but it seems like a weak call out to me. Considering Anthony has only one fight at WW.

Wow Ponzi that was a bitch move, when was the last to he fought anyways?

As soon as the UFC approves the use of protective goggles for Ponz opponents I'm sure Pettis would be happy to knock him the fuck out too.

Santiago needs to get better opponents so he can get a title shot. Dude is gettin shafted.
Dude has only fought once since fighting Perry at the end of 2017, dude just needs to fight period. Preferably against someone in the actual top 10.

You guys need to chill the down. He's calling the highest ranked opponent that he's got a chance to get.

WELTERWEIGHT
KAMARU USMAN
CHAMPION

1 Tyron Woodley
2 Colby Covington
3 Rafael Dos Anjos
4 Jorge Masvidal
5 Ben Askren
6 Darren Till
7 Stephen Thompson
8 Anthony Pettis

Kamaru is fighting Colby, Masvidal got Askren. RDA got Kevin Lee, not to mention you would whine because he's another LW.
Who's left? Woodley is chasing Nate Diaz or some other pointless fight. Till and Wonderboy just got ko'd into kingdom come, you would cry to no end if Ponz called'em out. It's either Pettis or someone ranked below Ponz himself.

I'm on the Pettis train. He'll get ruined sooner than later at 170 but it's an amazing story.

You guys need to chill the down. He's calling the highest ranked opponent that he's got a chance to get.

WELTERWEIGHT
KAMARU USMAN
CHAMPION

1 Tyron Woodley
2 Colby Covington
3 Rafael Dos Anjos
4 Jorge Masvidal
5 Ben Askren
6 Darren Till
7 Stephen Thompson
8 Anthony Pettis

Kamaru is fighting Colby, Masvidal got Askren. RDA got Kevin Lee, not to mention you would whine because he's another LW.
Who's left? Woodley is chasing Nate Diaz or some other pointless fight. Till and Wonderboy just got ko'd into kingdom come, you would cry to no end if Ponz called'em out. It's either Pettis or someone ranked below Ponz himself.
Till, Wonder Boy, Lawler all legit Top 10 WW's, this is a weak move call out. He's only fought 1 time since Mike Perry in December 2017 against Magny almost a year later in November 2018. He's not in a position to be calling out a big name fighter as he's not very popular, not very active and is a cheater with those fucking eye pokes which are pretty much all he's known for at this point even by regular followers of the sport.

I think it's kind of pathetic that you guys are hating on him for calling out a "higher ranked opponent" just because it's a "poor helpless little lightweight that somehow got lost in another division".

Are you kidding me? If he moved up, then he needs to fight these big guys, period. He is ranked higher than Ponzinibbio, so what's the deal with him calling him out? He needs to call others instead of him I'm reading from some of you? LOL Are you serious? This is an easy match for him and the dude is ahead on the rankings. It's a no brainer.

You all sound like a bunch of Pettis' fanboys scared of what this dude would do to him. He beat wonderboy, have a little faith in your man for fuck sake. Maybe he could win against Ponzinibbio? Would that be impossible?

Damn, i just checked pettis mma record. Unbelievable on what high level he is competeing...

I' am a fucking casual and i even know the last 16 names of fighters..And he fought them all beeing in their prime..Crazy as fuck..

I don't think there are many fighters in mma history with that kind of record..

He should be Hall of Fame for sure..No doubts...

Edit: 17 names!!!!!! haha

Res. Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Win 22–8 Stephen Thompson KO (punches) UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis March 23, 2019 2 4:55 Nashville, Tennesee, United States Welterweight bout. Performance of the Night.
Loss 21–8 Tony Ferguson TKO (Corner stoppage) UFC 229 October 6, 2018 2 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Fight of the Night.
Win 21–7 Michael Chiesa Submission (triangle armbar) UFC 226 July 7, 2018 2 0:52 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Catchweight (157.5 lbs) bout; Chiesa missed weight. Performance of the Night.
Loss 20–7 Dustin Poirier Submission (Body Triangle) UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Pettis November 11, 2017 3 2:08 Norfolk, Virginia, United States Fight of the Night.
Win 20–6 Jim Miller Decision (unanimous) UFC 213 July 8, 2017 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Return to Lightweight.
Loss 19–6 Max Holloway TKO (body kick and punches) UFC 206 December 10, 2016 3 4:50 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Originally for the interim UFC Featherweight Championship; Pettis missed weight (148 lbs) and became ineligible for the title.
Win 19–5 Charles Oliveira Submission (guillotine choke) UFC on Fox: Maia vs. Condit August 27, 2016 3 1:49 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Featherweight debut.
Loss 18–5 Edson Barboza Decision (unanimous) UFC 197 April 23, 2016 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Loss 18–4 Eddie Alvarez Decision (split) UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz January 17, 2016 3 5:00 Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Loss 18–3 Rafael dos Anjos Decision (unanimous) UFC 185 March 14, 2015 5 5:00 Dallas, Texas, United States Lost the UFC Lightweight Championship.
Win 18–2 Gilbert Melendez Submission (guillotine choke) UFC 181 December 6, 2014 2 1:53 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Lightweight Championship. Performance of the Night.
Win 17–2 Benson Henderson Submission (armbar) UFC 164 August 31, 2013 1 4:31 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States Won the UFC Lightweight Championship. Submission of the Night.
Win 16–2 Donald Cerrone KO (kick to the body) UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson January 26, 2013 1 2:35 Chicago, Illinois, United States Knockout of the Night.
Win 15–2 Joe Lauzon KO (head kick and punches) UFC 144 February 26, 2012 1 1:21 Saitama, Japan Knockout of the Night.
Win 14–2 Jeremy Stephens Decision (split) UFC 136 October 8, 2011 3 5:00 Houston, Texas, United States
Loss 13–2 Clay Guida Decision (unanimous) The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Finale June 4, 2011 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Win 13–1 Benson Henderson Decision (unanimous) WEC 53 December 16, 2010 5 5:00 Glendale, Arizona, United States Won the WEC Lightweight Championship. Fight of the Night.

Till, Wonder Boy, Lawler
Till and Wonderoldman should take time off. Both guys nearly died in there. But I would not be opposed to them fighting Ponzi.

Lawler is booked to rematch Woodley in case you didn`t knew.

Till and Wonderoldman should take time off. Both guys nearly died in there. But I would not be opposed to them fighting Ponzi.

Lawler is booked to rematch Woodley in case you didn`t knew.
When I posted that I had read (apparently a rumor) on here that Woodley was interested in fighting someone else besides Lawler. A superfight with someone before moving up to MW if I remember correctly.

When I posted that I had read (apparently a rumor) on here that Woodley was interested in fighting someone else besides Lawler. A superfight with someone before moving up to MW if I remember correctly.
Oh, didnt knew. Thought they were signed a while ago to headline some.

Back