Sanitation Question

Silas1222

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Long story short
-I train at a bjj's open mat ever Sunday
-Havent been there since Hurricane Sandy and want to come back this coming sunday
-Was playing with my niece (3y/o) and she sliced the shit out of my head
-How should i wrap/cover it

It is just a scratch but it is long and raised.
xLNqQ.jpg

Thank you guys for the input

Edit: Picture was taken mid blink- i do not smoke crack nor any other narcodics, so please...dont mind the face =D

I'm sure it would be fine any way but do you have those spray on plaster things? That may help.

I'm sure it would be fine any way but do you have those spray on plaster things? That may help.

Never seen those. I was just thinking putting a huge band-aid on it and call it a day, i just dont want it ripping off in class due to sweat.

http://www.elastoplast.co.uk/products/wound-care/spray-plaster

Dont know how well it works ir if you can get it where you are

I use "New Skin" paint-on bandage (I think it's better than spray, easier to control) for places where a bandaid would fall off due to sweat, and athletic tape isn't feasible - scalp would be a good example (can't wrap your head in athletic tape).

Unfortunately, sweat does still weaken its hold - I had a bit I'd had on for most of the day come off near the end of a 2hr judo class. Still, it held up like a champ for most of it. Not sure how well it holds up to friction. You can put on multiple layers.

A thought - maybe get a cloth swimming cap (rubber would chafe), put bandaids on, and put the swimming cap over it? Might look a little silly though.

NuSkin spray works. Crazy Glue is used often to close wounds, but I don't think this is deep enough for that.

I think RJ was being serious with the super glue suggestion.

Back