Sandisk MicroSD cards

@Rampage12716 You said you ordered the card from Walmart. Did it come from Walmart or was it a different retailer?

same, close to 200gb on my cell is fucking awesome. bought a Samsung 128gb micro sd for like 13 beans off of ebay brand spanking new. ebay bucks covered that payment so it was a win/win.

I take lot of photos on my LG G5. I needed the extra digital storage.

Marmota_monax_UL_04.jpg

I ordered a 128GB SD card from Walmart but when I put it into my computer or tablet it says it only has 24 GB. The card itself says it's 128 GB so I don't know what the problem is. There's nothing on the card taking up space either. Any suggestions?

Unless the computer you're using is more primitive than a freaking microsd you got ripped.

I'd send it back and spend the good money on the new sandisk 200gb microsd on amazon.

I download all my favorite Brazilian videos from pronhub and normally my 32gb internal and 32gb micro get full quickly. With a 200gb the games have just begun

Last edited:
It's a fake card dude. Fyi i bought this SanDisk from Amazon, it's fucking amazing,

SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-128G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]

Read the reviews, i have a lexar 128gb as well for my other phone but this is quite a bit faster.

Lot of fake cards in the market and one of the telltale signs is the 'actual' capacity being less than advertised.

Install SD INSIGHT app from the playstore, that will let you know whether it's genuine or not.

Came from Walmart. I'm confident I didn't get ripped off I just think I'm doing something wrong.

As other said, fake. If it was sealed, and showed available size much less than advertised (more than say, 15% not available), it's fake. Return then get one from a reputable vendor. If it repeats, ask for your money back, it could be that a reputable vendor got a bad batch. Alternatively, it could be bad sectors. Still doesn't make it your fault. Return and ask money back.

First, you effed up by ordering a sandisk. They're one of the least reliable MicroSD cards on the market even though it's the most popular brand, because of the price.

I have a personal story about how they're NOT reliable, but that's besides the point. Unless your card is a 'Class10' which are supposedly more protective of data stored on the card.

Exhaust all options before coming to the conclusion that you possibly have either been screwed by the manufacturer, by buying a defective product.

But don't be too pissed, look at it as a positive that you can either buy a Class10 card or a more reliable brand to store and protect your data.

Oh, yes, the good ol' "personal story" thing. IMO anecdotal evidence is not evidence. I dabble in photography, and practically 90% of the people i know, or have been in contact with, use Sandisk cards. Seeing as the majority of people use them, it's bound to happen that more negative experiences are related to Sandisk than any other manufacturer. I personally did not have any problems whatsoever with my Sandisks, and have been using them exclusively from December 2012 (well, before that, but greater use came in the end of 2012, so make it 4 years just to be on the safe side). I think i had (or still have) around 10-12 cards (all Sandisk) in that time. Not. One. Problem (i'm probably jinxing myself with this).

Regarding Class 10, with cards being so cheap nowdays, i don't see why anyone would slow down their phone/tablet with sub Class 10 card. I need U3, and if i get a new camera, probably an UHS-II card. Class 10 means nothing when we talk about high performance cards. If you have a current generation smartphone, which displays anything above 1080p (UHD, 4k or similar) content, anything below Class 10 and U3 will probably slow down the reproduction of the content or limit the video recording (if said recording is done on a resolution greater than 1080p).

All that said, Micro sd cards tend to be a bit more sensitive than "regular" SD cards. Backup regularly. 3-2-1 backup system works wonders.

EDIT: modern computers/phones/tablets should take the SD cards with higher capacity. But still, check the capacities of your other gear, if they truly accept those bigger cards. I still think it's a 32gb card with the markings of a 128gb card, and even that amount of available space (24gb) is too little.

Last edited:
If I buy on Amazon, it's only where Amazon is seller, not third party, and I hope if Amazon fulfills for third party, hopefully they don't mix their legit merchandise with suspect fake third party seller merchandise.

I bet some kind of group stole your memory. My money's on the Jews. But it also could be Russia.

What's the partition?
A partition is exactly what it sounds like. It partitions off some of the physical space on the device in order to put down the file system, which is then used to store the files. When you reformat a drive and it asks you if you want FAT32 or NTFS, it is asking you which file system you want to use. Think of the partition like the area in the room in which you want to put your filing cabinet. If the room has a partition in the middle of of it, you can't cut your cabinet in half and use it that way. So you have to take out that wall.

I'd say return it if it's new and get another one. If it is from a legit store like Walmart they should take it back

from SD cards, to partitions, to marmots.

Sherdog tangents.

Back