Sandhagen gives up his back A LOT

Should have kept trying the "granny" rolls. Eventually one would have worked.

I just don't think he is Jiu Jitsu minded at all, if they rematch he will work on his back finishes I bet
Well there is your answer. Bad knee. Tj was an elite college wrestler and I think double hooks is comfortable for him. But a busted mcl/lcl will shut that down

I just don't think he is Jiu Jitsu minded at all, if they rematch he will work on his back finishes I bet

He said post fight it was because his knee was jacked and kept popping when he was trying to get the hooks in.

TJ said he popped his knee in first and couldn't sink in the hooks.

He also couldn’t cut the corner on his shots which is why he was forced to use the cage to grapple.

Two legged TJ would’ve ran up the score on sandhagen imo

I dont understand how ppl dont get how bad it looks to the judges when you constantly have a fighter on your back that is the epitome of control.
Yeah getting somebody’s back isn’t easy especially if both guys are highly trained. For people who have never grappled it’s a very dominant position. TJ had to adjust a lot to even get there.

Not a good look.

Yeah getting somebody’s back isn’t easy especially if both guys are highly trained. For people who have never grappled it’s a very dominant position. TJ had to adjust a lot to even get there.

Not a good look.
And he happened 4-5 times a round. Even if Sanhagen won, TJ exposed him.

No matter the outcome of this fight, Cory comes out with stock down. He’s only landed some counter jabs because of his length. Doesn’t look like a title contender at all

The hell you talking about? He hit Dillashaw with a few fight ending shots that could have easily turned his lights out. He looked how he always does. He's good. Very good.

Sandhagen had the easiest win of his life after round 2, and he gave the very next round away to TJ. Rounds 3-5 he never capitalized on his advantage and instead kept getting pinned to the cage. I would not favor Sandhagen in a rematch if TJ manages not to get his knee mangled or cut over one eye. All he had to do was drop TJ once or twice or more effective striking.

Doing spinning shit against wrestlers is the dumbest gameplan. Aljo did it against yan. When he could of easily jabbed his way to a decision.

Doing spinning shit against wrestlers is the dumbest gameplan. Aljo did it against yan. When he could of easily jabbed his way to a decision.

Eh high risk high reward, Vitor's spinning shit KO'ed Rockhold, while Weidman's spinning shit cost him the title.

I dont understand how ppl dont get how bad it looks to the judges when you constantly have a fighter on your back that is the epitome of control.
It looks really bad, but to be fair, Dillashaw did absolutely nothing with all that back control time.

Back