Sandhagen doesn't have "it"

I worry about Sandhagens defense most. Its ok, but he relies on leaning away or moving out range and still gets hit.

Compare that with Whittakers retreating offense and impecable defense against Gastelum.
Well TJ is 5x the fighter Gastelum is. Silly comparison.

Tj got dominated on the feet and dominated on the ground. While his opponent was on his back during both take downs. Got his knee popped and almost caught in a triangle. Got his face beat to shit during the standup. 2/19 on his take downs. His offense was walking forward while getting beat to shit and holding his opponent against the cage. The thing Sand doesnt have is popularity. Which is why tj was gifted the decision. Dc literally said out loud. Holding ur opponent against the cage should count as a take down lol.

If TJ shared some EPO with him, Cory would have also been a warrior.

you can't teach heart, i hate TJ with a burning passion but he showed heart and grit
dudes was a true warrior.
i really think Cory Sandhagen is overrated he doesn't have what it takes imo, the hype behind him is unjustifiable, I know people are on the Sandwagon because of his last 2 fluke fights
I don't think he has what it takes to be a top guy and his wins aren't as good as they look. Let's look into his resume against notable fighters:

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds
-R2 TKO Marlon Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is
-R1 KO Frankie Edgar: fluke.

I’m not saying he’s bad, but the way people are talking about him like he’s the next big thing is ridiculous.
I agree, Cory got some hype for beating a WAY past his prime Frankie and mentally depressed/compromised Moraes.

Sandbaggin can cry all he wants about this loss to TJ but IF Cory was truly elite, he should have blown thru TJ coming off a 2.5 year layoff AND having one good leg for 4 of the 5 rounds.

As Auntie Dana says, don’t leave it in the hands of the judges.

{<shrug}

you can't teach heart, i hate TJ with a burning passion but he showed heart and grit
dudes was a true warrior.
i really think Cory Sandhagen is overrated he doesn't have what it takes imo, the hype behind him is unjustifiable, I know people are on the Sandwagon because of his last 2 fluke fights
I don't think he has what it takes to be a top guy and his wins aren't as good as they look. Let's look into his resume against notable fighters:

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds
-R2 TKO Marlon Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is
-R1 KO Frankie Edgar: fluke.

I’m not saying he’s bad, but the way people are talking about him like he’s the next big thing is ridiculous.
He will fight for the Tuttle anyways in the be landscape

Internet goobers talking about fighters not having heart is kinda funny.
This
A flying knee intended to hit the dome is a fluke?
This
He's good enough to beat TJ

{<shrug}
This
lol @ the flying knee being a fluke,no one need listen to anything else you have to say
This
Nah he's actually really fuckin good. Just lost a razor thin decision to arguably one of the most skilled fighters in the sport and did more damage.
... and this too.

Reactions: HHJ
Murder KO's Marlon Vera and Frankie Edgar back to back, then goes to a controversial split decision with the former champion in TJ.

This is a trolly post obviously but its particularly stupid.

He beat the shit out of a former dominant champion, regardless of who you thought won, but apparently that doesn’t earn you any compliments and just nets criticism?

Guy is a stud and one of the top 5 BWs right now, the guy has IT in spades.

1. There's nothing to justify calling his recent wins "flukes"
2. Just because he has a particular style, doesn't mean that he doesn't have heart. Some strikers stay on the outside and pick you apart. If you knew anything about any striking discipline, you'd be aware of this.
3. You seem to be using "it" and "heart" interchangeably and blurring those lines. Be a bit more specific.
4. Shut up

Man, for someone who says you have no problem with the decision for TJ, you sure up in every thread strongly white-knighting for Cory…

<Varys01>
Well, i am kinda bummed, not gonna deny it, lmao.

Still, i am gonna white knight many fighters, especially my favorites, should there be an influx of one or several narratives i don't agree with, lol

He will never be a champ. His TDD is 30%. Average sherdogger can take him down without breaking a sweat.
If it’s that bad how come TJ who’s an excellent wrestler failed over and over.

Well, i am kinda bummed, not gonna deny it, lmao.

Still, i am gonna white knight many fighters, especially my favorites, should there be an influx of one or several narratives i don't agree with, lol
Hespect to you for not denying it. At the end of the day, Cory could have definitely won that fight but he also could have turned up the urgency in the later rounds.

I did not see Cory doing that and that cost him. He is trying to stay composed but is obviously salty himself and he should factor this into his future fights.

I feel like you saw my post yesterday when I said he doesn't have "it" and made a thread out of it?

X factor. He doesn't have it. He could have finished that fight with the cuts and broken nose on TJ, but he wanted a spinning ko, a phenom shot and instead he got out worked and out fought .
He doesn't have it and I don't think he ever will. He needs 2-3 more fights. Maybe a move to Fw. He's done @ BW hell never hold gold @BW1283

I kinda agree. Someone that’s champion material doesn’t lose that fight.

I say cke
I agree with this.

His BMI on weigh in day is 18.8, that’s literally underweight.

People point to guys like Jon Jones being a successful tall guy, fact is Jones is a lot more jacked than Sandhagen.

It won’t be the solution to all his problems and I think it’s rare to be recommended for a fighter but he could do with taking a few months out to move up to 145 getting on a solid strength training programme. There are zero elite wrestlers with his anthropometrics.
I SAY he moves to Fw immediately .. he's never going to be BW champion.

Sandhagen fought well ....Good fight that could’ve went either way .....Holding someone against the cage shouldn’t mean a thing in the scoring imo
It's called "octogon control " noob

Lol sorry had to

Back