Sandhagen doesn't have "it"

How is his KO of Frankie a fluke? If a fighter sets up a perfectly placed knee with bad intentions and it does damage, that is not a fluke.

Also he just pushed TJ to the limit and made him look like he just head butted a weed wacker in a FOTY candidate. You know, the former BW champ who never actually lost his belt in the cage. I’m not sure what “it” you are looking for but your thread is shit.

If your talking about what "it" is then I would say the difference between the two Nogueria bros, skill wise really they were very similar indeed but Rogerio didnt have the same killer instinct his brother did and was more prone to letting fights drift.

-R2 TKO Marlon Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is
-R1 KO Frankie Edgar: fluke.
Did you even see the finishes? A beautiful spinning wheel kick and a perfectly timed flying knee.. A fluke KO would be something like this

Did you even see the finishes? A beautiful spinning wheel kick and a perfectly timed flying knee.. A fluke KO would be something like this

That is not a fluke. He threw a punch and it did damage. Its like when Wanderlei picked up Sakuraba and slammed him to escape a tight guillotine and broke sakuraba's collarbone.

Wandy was trying to get out of the guillotine and wound up getting the fight stopped. This isnt a fluke though. When you slam someone on their head,things tend to break. When you throw punches,its intended to do damage.

He relies on the flashy big shot like Romero. He seems like a Matt Brown type of fighter. Tough guy but not champ material.

He should move up. Emaciated tall guys trying to make midget weight classes never do well. Sandhagen reminds me of George Roop.

I agree with this.

His BMI on weigh in day is 18.8, that’s literally underweight.

People point to guys like Jon Jones being a successful tall guy, fact is Jones is a lot more jacked than Sandhagen.

It won’t be the solution to all his problems and I think it’s rare to be recommended for a fighter but he could do with taking a few months out to move up to 145 getting on a solid strength training programme. There are zero elite wrestlers with his anthropometrics.

That is not a fluke. He threw a punch and it did damage. Its like when Wanderlei picked up Sakuraba and slammed him to escape a tight guillotine and broke sakuraba's collarbone.

Wandy was trying to get out of the guillotine and wound up getting the fight stopped. This isnt a fluke though. When you slam someone on their head,things tend to break. When you throw punches,its intended to do damage.
I agree it isnt necessarily a fluke in regards that his strike was meant to do damage. Its the way that the strike lands is whats the fluke. He throws a hook and his bicep/forearm hits the back of his head causing the KO.

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds

holy shit dude could you sound any more pathetic?

I agree it isnt necessarily a fluke in regards that his strike was meant to do damage. Its the way that the strike lands is whats the fluke. He throws a hook and his bicep/forearm hits the back of his head causing the KO.
I feel like the same thing happened to Conor/Dustin I

you can't teach heart, i hate TJ with a burning passion but he showed heart and grit
dudes was a true warrior.
i really think Cory Sandhagen is overrated he doesn't have what it takes imo, the hype behind him is unjustifiable, I know people are on the Sandwagon because of his last 2 fluke fights
I don't think he has what it takes to be a top guy and his wins aren't as good as they look. Let's look into his resume against notable fighters:

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds

I’m not saying he’s bad, but the way people are talking about him like he’s the next big thing is ridiculous.

Sandman made some mistakes, like those spinning moves to give TJ a take down and to lock him. But, TJ had constant pressure. He obviously had issues with that. Just need to work on it for future fights.

Well, let me dwelve into subject with my years of following MMA and lurking on sherdog.

If there is one thing I learned it is that if fighter lost that means he was never good and he padded his record with a wins over other cans.
Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

tenor.gif

Classic Sherdog <Lmaoo> Guy dominates the lineal BW champ more than any bantamweight ever has over a full fight, he rocks him half a dozen times and does not get rocked once, breaks his face and takes no visual damage, shreds his knee, out strikes him by 60 head strikes and 20 total strikes, goes for the only sub attempts, wins on 75% of the media's scorecards and all of a sudden "he doesn't have it".

Sorry, but you dont have to fight like Mike Perry to have "it" or become a champion. Ali and Silva made their legacy off of being counter strikers. For all the take downs, Homer Simpson pressure and literal butt hugging TJ did, it was Cory that was putting TJ in trouble in the grappling exchanges and punishing him for going forward and whiffing at air all night. Even Royce Gracie would lose every minute of his old fights under this new scoring criteria (until he subbed the guy), because he pulled guard and was on the bottom, and being on the bottom or having your back on the cage is apparently more important than dropping a guy and inflicting damage on the feet and ground.

he can get better. he just has to learn from this and have more killer instinct and hit harder.

They've had some good performances, and some bad ones. Let's just wait and see what happens. <Fedor23>

Sandhagen fought well ....Good fight that could’ve went either way .....Holding someone against the cage shouldn’t mean a thing in the scoring imo

Sandhagen landed shots that knock alit of guys out .....spinning back fist was nice ....dropped Tj with punches etc

He should move up. Emaciated tall guys trying to make midget weight classes never do well. Sandhagen reminds me of George Roop.
Roop KO’d the Zombie….Sandbaggin would just try to jab and circle out a win.

Roop via aggression.

Back