Sandhagen doesn't have "it"

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
you can't teach heart, i hate TJ with a burning passion but he showed heart and grit
dudes was a true warrior.
i really think Cory Sandhagen is overrated he doesn't have what it takes imo, the hype behind him is unjustifiable, I know people are on the Sandwagon because of his last 2 fluke fights
I don't think he has what it takes to be a top guy and his wins aren't as good as they look. Let's look into his resume against notable fighters:

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds
-R2 TKO Marlon Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is
-R1 KO Frankie Edgar: fluke.

I’m not saying he’s bad, but the way people are talking about him like he’s the next big thing is ridiculous.

You could justifiably give Sandhagen the W against Dillashaw. I wanted Dillashaw to win but I think tonight showed that Sandhagen is legit. I think he can only get better from this as well. He went 5 hard rounds against one of the best BW of all time.

TJ also had ups and downs to get where he is today. Have to give Sandhagen a little bit of time to grow just like TJ.

you can't teach heart, i hate TJ with a burning passion but he showed heart and grit
dudes was a true warrior.
i really think Cory Sandhagen is overrated he doesn't have what it takes imo, the hype behind him is unjustifiable, I know people are on the Sandwagon because of his last 2 fluke fights
I don't think he has what it takes to be a top guy and his wins aren't as good as they look. Let's look into his resume against notable fighters:

-Split Decision Win against Jon Lineker: Total coin toss decision
-Unanimous Decision Win against Rafael Assuncao: A competitive but clear win for Sandhagen, however Assuncao by that point was WAYYYY out of his prime
-Loses to Aljamain Sterling by submission in 88 Seconds
-R2 TKO Marlon Moraes: if that's not a guy on the decline I don't know what is

I’m not saying he’s bad, but the way people are talking about him like he’s the next big thing is ridiculous.
I don't know about the next big thing but he could fight for the title or even win it. I thought he won this fight. TJ takes a lot of sh#$t on here and a little from me. TJ is a legit championship level fighter. I thought Sandhagen won. TJ came prepared and executed a very good game plan. That said Sandhagen popped and knee and destroyed his face. Aside from the leg kicks and some control time against the cage, most of TJ's offense was stifled.

I worry about Sandhagens defense most. Its ok, but he relies on leaning away or moving out range and still gets hit.

Compare that with Whittakers retreating offense and impecable defense against Gastelum.

I think he got complacent after the second. He expected to put Dillashaw away at some point. Or at least wobble him hard and win the round automatically. That didn't happen. It's like Sandhagen read the Sherdog analysis.

And while that was my analysis as well (that Dillashaw is probably gonna sleep at some point in the fight), there is no denying that Dillashaw is a true champion and he never quits. Even when he is 1 punch away from being put out he is fighting and scrambling. Yesterday he fought with that ugly cut, he probably didn't see much from that eye. Still was pressuring and doing his best.

While I don't agree that the Edgar win was a fluke with TS, I agree Sandhagen doesn't got "it". That extra champion push. You can't risk a close fight by cruising in the fifth. Dunno, may be lack of experience really. Sandhagen should learn a lot from that fight.

A flying knee intended to hit the dome is a fluke?

He's good enough to beat TJ

{<shrug}

lol @ the flying knee being a fluke,no one need listen to anything else you have to say

Nah he's actually really fuckin good. Just lost a razor thin decision to arguably one of the most skilled fighters in the sport and did more damage.

Back