Media Sandhaegen Shares Thoughts on the Fight

TJ held dominant position while kneeing sandhagen in the ass, so yes, he did something. If you don't believe me, ask you friend to knee you in the ass repetitively.
Hard punches to the face > knees to the ass and leg kicks. TJ lost three rounds very clearly.

Does Sandhagen not realize that control isn't even a judging criteria unless the effective striking and grappling is 100% even?

Leg kicks, punches to the face, knees to the ass, positional control >> punches to face.
Nah dawg, Cory did significantly more damage and landed much better strikes throughout. Easily won rounds 2, 4 and 5, you can also make an argument for 1. This was Cory's fight.

By the 5 round scoring system it's not a robbery, only rounds 1&2 were definitive. The damage was Sandhagen all day, I didn't think TJ could take those shots

Nah dawg, Cory did significantly more damage and landed much better strikes throughout. Easily won rounds 2, 4 and 5, you can also make an argument for 1. This was Cory's fight.

I only thought cory clearly won round 2. I edged him round five as well. Past round 2, cory didn't do much damage.

Oh well, doesn't matter in the end.

Last edited:
TJ held dominant position while kneeing sandhagen in the ass, so yes, he did something. If you don't believe me, ask you friend to knee you in the ass repetitively.
Oh wow he kneed him in the ass. That is a stupid argument. I really don't care who won, but Sandhagen landed the better head strikes by far, which actually inflicts more damage than a knee to the ass or kick to the leg. Not to mention Sandhagen fucking TJ's knee all up. Clearly the most damage was done by Sandhagen by far. TJ never had Sandhagen close to being in trouble. Taking his back numerous times and still not being able to do anything with it further proves the point.

control is part of the scoring criteria and we aren't talking about a min or two here.

TJ had control of him for ~1/3 (8 mins) of 25 min fight

this isn't MMA specific. high level wrestling and bjj matches are commonly won by scoring advantages by control
Control with no damage shouldn't trump actual damage from strikes. Sandhagen inflicted the most damage by far. I get how TJ could have won based off the scoring criteria, but control doesn't trump damage. TJ was in trouble a few times, from one submission and strikes. Sandhagen was never close to being in trouble. The only damage TJ did was the calf kicks, but that was only overstated by the commentators, as it had no real affect on Sandhagen.

Oh wow he kneed him in the ass. That is a stupid argument. I really don't care who won, but Sandhagen landed the better head strikes by far, which actually inflicts more damage than a knee to the ass or kick to the leg. Not to mention Sandhagen fucking TJ's knee all up. Clearly the most damage was done by Sandhagen by far. TJ never had Sandhagen close to being in trouble. Taking his back numerous times and still not being able to do anything with it further proves the point.

He did, just not in three out of five rounds. He didn't do much damage at all in the last three rounds, which is why the fight became so controversial, and that's why things that you think of as unimportant--such as several minutes of control time and knees to the ass--actually became important to the eyes of many.

Nice to see him not dwelling on the decision. I had Sandhagen winning. But it's great for him that he's able to take lessons from this, instead of just going pure salt and acting like it was a robbery and being too far up his own ass to realize he could have done certain things better in there despite the controversy.

Back