Media Sandhaegen Shares Thoughts on the Fight

Sandhagen looked a division larger than TJ, he should move up to 145

TJ controlled on the femnce. Cory won on the feet. Cory also dominated on strikes/damage. Most Fighters and fans agree Cory WON!

He’s pretty spot on here. You can argue he won the “fight” but the mma competition was extremely close by the rules. People may not like that, but those are the rules the fight took place under.

Sandhagen won that fight 48-47

Fair assesment, he just stated facts.
He should've done more, and tj's leg kicks did some damage too, that shouldn't be overlooked.

Turning TJ's face into burger and rocking him 4 times and wrecking his knee shouldn't be overlooked. LMAO

Fair assesment, he just stated facts.
He should've done more, and tj's leg kicks did some damage too, that shouldn't be overlooked.

Yes. Sandhagen downplayed the low kicks but his reaction to them told a different story. He wasn’t ‘compromised’ by the lows per se, but they definitely messed with his rhythm.

Another thing about supposedly harmless control: it seemed to me that TJ’s grinding did slow Sanhagen down in those championship rounds. So to say that it was nothing is wrong; ‘damage’ is not just about trauma - it’s also about wearing the opponent down physically, making him slow down, eroding his will and ability to attack or defend.

Sure it is. I only gave Sandhagen the 2nd, the round he caused notable damage. I did not score the damage CS caused in the 2nd in any other round but the 2nd.

1-3 were all pretty cut and dry. If your issue is with how someone scored either 4 or 5 different than you did, that's on you.
It's not just different from him, nobody anywhere scored it 4-1 for dillashaw, and 17 of the 23 media scorers had it 3-2 for Sandhagen.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12163/T.J.-Dillashaw-vs-Cory-Sandhagen

Does damage mean nothing to you in a FIGHT?

Damage caused in round 2 was scored in round 2. The volume, control, pressure, and grappling outweighed the subjectively more impactful strikes by Sandhagen in every other round imo.

The control time, especially in the Championship rounds is hard for me to ignore. Physically controlling someone has to score better than being controlled by someone. And that was a large part of the story in rounds 4 and 5.

Damage caused in round 2 was scored in round 2. The volume, control, pressure, and grappling outweighed the subjectively more impactful strikes by Sandhagen in every other round imo.

The control time, especially in the Championship rounds is hard for me to ignore. Physically controlling someone has to score better than being controlled by someone. And that was a large part of the story in rounds 4 and 5.
We just disagree. Control time doesn't mean much if it's not gassing out Cory, or damaging Cory. I thought this was a fight?

In close fights I look at overall damage.
If rounds are 50/50. Who has done more damage.
TJ just didn't do anything to hurt Cory and at no point was anywhere near close to finishing Cory. And did nothing when holding Cory back up on the cage and never looked to do damage or to advance finish from those positions.
Cory did a lot more damage.

TJ looked very impressive though especially after a 2 year layoff for cheating.

About as much honesty as you could get

A great fight that could have gone either way, really enjoyed it. I thought Sandhagen won it but can see a case for TJ. Fair response from Corey.

I know I'm being too critical here, but I was really underwhelmed by Sandhagen's performance in that fight. He was fighting the worst TJ possible, and yet his best strategy was to sloppily get away from takedowns, back away for 90% of the fight, and throw some meh punches now and then. I get why people are upset with the decision, but in my opinion, he deserved to lose that fight.

It's also up to us how we like to score peddling backwards at max speed for half an hour. Running away and throwing jabs only when they can reach you is no dominating a fight. TJ deserved to win. He showed that nothing sandhagen did was serious enough to back him up. And Cory took plenty of shots. When he was cranking that knee TJ was landing some vicious GNP. He's gonna end up a Kape fighter. Do as little as possible then throw your hands up in disbelief
lol what? tj got hamburger helpered while getting minimal control time. the fight was 1 guy outstriking and cutting up/damaging the other, and the other getting outstruck tryin to use grappling to mix it up.

saying back peddaling like he was running away. tj deserved to win for walking face forward into shots? nothing sandhagen was able to do could back him up? ok what did tj do? tell me. damage? control time? lol cmon people.

Back