Sanders Proposes $1.38 Trillion/Year Health Care To Include Coverage For All "Aspiring Americans"

What do you think about Sanders' health care proposal?

• Total voters
As long as they find a way to make them pay taxes i dont see the problem, they are still a drag to the healthcare system.

You do understand it is your average working american who will be paying extra taxes for this. Just like his free college. Nothing is free. Everything the government "pays" for is from out taxes.

I wonder why the wall street raiders are not paying for this? Oh, because they will never pay for shit.

Have you ever driven over the speed limit?
does he expect someone else to pay his speeding ticket through taxation?

The level of stupid on here is depressing.

You do understand it is your average working american who will be paying extra taxes for this. Just like his free college. Nothing is free. Everything the government "pays" for is from out taxes.

I wonder why the wall street raiders are not paying for this? Oh, because they will never pay for shit.

Did you even read my post? if its insurance then there must be a premium isnt?

does he expect someone else to pay his speeding ticket through taxation?

The level of stupid on here is depressing.

He said lawbreakers should be disqualified from getting free stuff because they're lawbreakers. If that's his position, then everyone who speeds should be disqualified from free stuff. The government doesn't have universal speeding ticket insurance, nor is anyone proposing it, so your question is misguided.

What's an "aspiring American?"

What's an "aspiring American?"

Yeah, that term is vague, perhaps deliberately.

I would be okay with letting people who are applying for citizenship AND live in the US being allowed to participate in a single payer system. Noncitizens and people who are only in the country a couple months a year should not be.

Have you or have you not? And have you ever used "free stuff"?

I don't see why you're asking and you aren't an interrogator in any case. I'm under no obligation to just let you push some obscure agenda.

Bernie's gone completely off his rocker now... "aspiring Americans"???? What? This might work in smaller nations but the abuses would spiral out of control in the US.

The government has more leverage to negotiate with healthcare providers to cut cost but they'll have to make up the difference somehow. Maybe they'll be forced to add small co-pay system or require a financial transaction tax. As long as they get rid of the high deductibles i wouldn't mind paying small co-pays to offset cost when visiting doctor or ER

Given the choice of a UHC (universal healthcare) system with a high deductible or co-pays, why would you choose co-pays?

Given the choice of a UHC (universal healthcare) system with a high deductible or co-pays, why would you choose co-pays?

If the proposed payroll tax doesn't cover the cost of healthcare they'll have to find extra avenues of revenue. Friedman mention transaction tax, capital gains tax to cover difference but Bernie wants to use those taxes to pay for education.

If the proposed payroll tax doesn't cover the cost of healthcare they'll have to find extra avenues of revenue. Friedman mention transaction tax, capital gains tax to cover difference but Bernie wants to use those taxes to pay for education.

But why do you think copays are preferable to deductibles for raising revenue?

We can't even run the fucking VA lol, what makes you think they can manage the entire country. This guy is fast turning into a joke.

Voted no of course.

Taxation is theft, theft is immoral no matter who does it or what their intentions are.

The US had a great healthcare system years ago, costs were lower and doctors could afford to provide charitable (free) care much easier. Tax funded healthcare is not free.

Back