Sanders Proposes $1.38 Trillion/Year Health Care To Include Coverage For All "Aspiring Americans"

What do you think about Sanders' health care proposal?

• Total voters
America is an artificial country built on feudalistic/commercial interests.

It's not a real nation-state like Russia or France.

It's a country with a short and shallow history.

You really don't want to answer the question huh lol?

Also, lol @ pointing out that America is not a 3rd world country like 'France' or 'Russia'

No shit.

America is an artificial country built on feudalistic/commercial interests.

It's not a real nation-state like Russia or France.

It's a country with a short and shallow history.

Take your utterly worthless "contribution" to this topic of discussion and GTFO.

sandersmeme-683x1024.jpg

the question whether Bernie's ideas can work already has been answered this system works in Europe its not some crazy impossible scheme

You loose this argument by default

illegals can go to the emergency room now.... I'm all for the wall btw.... however, there's no way of making illegals pay for health care, and if there's a will there's a way, they're getting health care regardless.

Like you said. You build a wall and control access to the country, and healthcare. When someone proposes free healthcare for all (including illegals), it sure sounds like keeping the border open.

Would this increase illegals coming through the border to get medical treatment? Does Mexico have a universal healthcare of their own to take care of the poor?
It absolutely would and that is fucking terrible.

Doesn't make sense if it would include illegal immigrants.

That would mean it includes the entire planet as long as they could show up.
That's what it means and it's fucking ridiculous.

Like you said. You build a wall and control access to the country, and healthcare. When someone proposes free healthcare for all (including illegals), it sure sounds like keeping the border open.

The Democratic primary debates stay away from the issue of Illegal Immigration as much as possible, so I guess we'll have to wait til the general election debates if he's chosen as the DNC candidate to see the fine details of his plan to secure the border (if any) before giving tax-payers funded healthcare to all.

Anybody in support of this shit proposal loses any right to complain about six hour wait times in the emergency waiting room, drug shortages and understaffing at medical facilities.

The emergency room has longer waiting times than that and hospitals are already under staffed.

I work at a hospital and can't take a vacation this year due to all vacation request being put on hold due to staffing shortages.

Staffing, infrastructure, and wait times aren't single payer issues. You guys don't seem understand this.

I would welcome single payer, at least everyone would have coverage and able to see their doctors before their problems gets out of hand. This is the real problem along with healthcare cost.

A good portion of the patients i care for could have avoided an ER visit or hospital stay if they've seen a doctor for their problems. But they don't, you know why? Because they don't have insurance

Guess who pays for their stay at the hospital?

The government isn't paying a dime for any of the illegal immigrants' unpaid hospital bills.

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act is an unfunded mandate, meaning the Federal government FORCE the hospitals that accepts Medicare/Medicaid to take in everyone with an emergency, but refuses to reimburse the hospitals for any of the 55% of E.R patients who don't want to pay, don't plan to pay, and generally don't pay.

The hospital then try to pass most of the uncompensated E.R costs onto the paying customers to make up for the loss, and then a procedure that should cost you $500 becomes $1000, and then your health insurance premiums goes up because now they have to pay more.

Insurance companies ofcourse are pushing back against this surcharge, so now the hospitals themselves have to write-off a lot more money, money that should have been used to hire more nurses and doctors and facilities ugprades.

And that's how a paying customer like you have to wait for 5+ hours at the emergency room, standing in line behind 15 other uninsured people who have no plan of paying for the services they're requesting, and the few nurses who works there looks like zombies because they've been working 18-hour shifts to the point of exhaustion, and then they make careless mistakes, and then people dies, and then the hospital gets sued, and then the hospital's malpractice insurance premiums go up, and then your hospital bill goes up again, and before you know it, that $500 procedure now costs $5000.

To sum it up, when one dead-beat try to leech from the system, it's barely noticeable, but when you have tens of millions of leeches swarming that system, health care costs in the United States shot up to $3,000,000,000,000 A Year.

Money has certainly been taken out alright, and it's from your pocket, and mine, and the hospital's. Pretty much everyone's but the leeches'.

A lot of illegal immigrants need ssn in order to work construction, and other blue collar jobs. Bernies 2.2% payroll tax applies to everyone who is working. Wouldn't this make the illegal immigrants and uninsured pay their portion as well?

Someone making $13/hr who previously wasn't insured because It was too expensive, now that same person has to pay 2.2% payroll tax towards healthcare, this should be seen as a plus.

Added benefit is the public can now make a doctors appt and get their Hypertension, cholesterol, diabetes under control before it turns into an emergency and cost hospitals and the public thousands of dollars

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ch-would-bernie-sanders-health-care-plan-cos/

Here is a pretty good breakdown of what Sanders plan entails

"To pay for it, Sanders would impose broad-based taxes: a 6.7 percent payroll tax on employers and a 2.2 percent tax on individual incomes under $200,000 or joint incomes under $250,000. (Progressively higher rates for higher-income earners are described in his 2013 bill.)"

The healthcare Bill would be more cost effective than the broken system we currently have. The employer would also pay less of a percentage

"With Sanders’ proposed taxes, costs would need to be trimmed by roughly 42 to 47 percent — a tall order when the most generous estimates of how much you could cut cost are on the order of 20 percent," said Sherry Glied, a professor of health policy and economics at New York University who’s served in the George H.W.Bush, Clinton and Obama administrations."

The government has more leverage to negotiate with healthcare providers to cut cost but they'll have to make up the difference somehow. Maybe they'll be forced to add small co-pay system or require a financial transaction tax. As long as they get rid of the high deductibles i wouldn't mind paying small co-pays to offset cost when visiting doctor or ER

Yeah I heard Trudeau wants to build a wall on the border to keep Americans out and stop them from using single payer Canadian healthcare, and guess what...America is going to pay for it.

I will never support giving free stuff to people who literally, by definition, are breaking the freaking law. I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Why would we support this?

Have you ever driven over the speed limit?

I support Sanders' plan for healthcare. It probably wouldn't become law exactly as he's drawn it up (do laws ever?), but I support the overall vision.

Back