Sandee 16oz Boxing Gloves Review

I have the same gloves and they're great, but I find them a bit on the large side. Then again, I have the hands and wrists of a 15 yearold girl, so it's not a reflection on the gloves. They've lasted me a couple of years with no signs of damage yet. I do find they feel a bit long and 'flat', but that's probably because they're my first Thai style gloves.

I also have the chunkier Sandee shinguards. I like them because they're padded enough to allow you to throw hard in sparring, but they're a little thick on the front and prone to twisting after a clash. They also give you a false sense of confidence when checking kicks as well as make your leg easy to catch.

I have the same gloves and they're great, but I find them a bit on the large side. Then again, I have the hands and wrists of a 15 yearold girl, so it's not a reflection on the gloves. They've lasted me a couple of years with no signs of damage yet. I do find they feel a bit long and 'flat', but that's probably because they're my first Thai style gloves.

I also have the chunkier Sandee shinguards. I like them because they're padded enough to allow you to throw hard in sparring, but they're a little thick on the front and prone to twisting after a clash. They also give you a false sense of confidence when checking kicks as well as make your leg easy to catch.

My shins just came in today....and back to UPS they went. Just a bit too big...needed the next size down. So much for Sandee's sizing chart....lol. Oh well it happens....MMA Joes will make it right for me.

Great review as always! And great info about the shinguard sizing too! Looking forward to updates as time goes by! :D

Wasn't sure where to post this, hope you don't mind:

Picked up 2 pairs of 16oz Sandees during the sale, 1 pair red, the other pair black.

I've only used the red ones on the bag so far and really only made it a session or two. i'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or if my gloves are defective, but the wrist is so big that I have maybe 1/2 ~ 1 cm between my wrist and the cuff. I can't close it all the way to get any sort of support. Don't remember the black ones feeling any more snug out the box. Sitting home with an injury lately, but haven't decided whether or not to use the black ones to see if they're any different.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone know if it'll get better after breaking in?
What kind of break-in period would I be looking at with the cuff?

Wasn't sure where to post this, hope you don't mind:

Picked up 2 pairs of 16oz Sandees during the sale, 1 pair red, the other pair black.

I've only used the red ones on the bag so far and really only made it a session or two. i'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or if my gloves are defective, but the wrist is so big that I have maybe 1/2 ~ 1 cm between my wrist and the cuff. I can't close it all the way to get any sort of support. Don't remember the black ones feeling any more snug out the box. Sitting home with an injury lately, but haven't decided whether or not to use the black ones to see if they're any different.

The cuff is quite rigid. Reminds me of my Twins. All I do is wrap extra on the wrist and haven't had any problems at all.

The cuff is quite rigid. Reminds me of my Twins. All I do is wrap extra on the wrist and haven't had any problems at all.

Geeze, I went so far as to put on a wrist sweatband and kept the wrapping over the knuckles to a minimum, keeping most of my wraps over the wrist, and still no go.

Hi eric, glad to see you posting again

I have that problem with most Thai gloves that I've used, Sandee included, and it won't get better with breaking in.

Hi eric, glad to see you posting again

I have that problem with most Thai gloves that I've used, Sandee included, and it won't get better with breaking in.

That's sad to hear. I haven't had this much problems with the wrist on any other glove I've ever used (Thai or otherwise).

That's sad to hear. I haven't had this much problems with the wrist on any other glove I've ever used (Thai or otherwise).

My Boon's really hug the wrist unlike these or my Twins. My Raja's also feel better on the wrist as well.

Back