Sanchez really doesn't have much longer

lolwut, Kampmann literally outlanded Diego 2 to 1 and left Diego looking like this...

KampmannSanchez.jpg

It has been a while since I watched the fight haha! Just from what I remember Kamp was putting on a jab clinic while when Sanchez landed it seemed a little more damaging (getting rocked wise). I so know it's an unpopular opinion though!

diego got beat up by gil the first 2 rounds, had the cardio to stick with him that 3rd, knock him down, almost sub him. almosts dont mean anything in wins/losses but in reality that meant a lot during that fight.

been a diego fan since TUF 1. he's literally the reason i started to watch MMA. its hard to choose against him against pearson esp in his hometown. I like Ross alot, but Diego is going to win this easily. To me, that says a lot about ross, because I think we're going to see the diego we haven't seen since the Clay fight. Maybe since the Luigi fight. Call me a nuthugger but it is what it is. Guys got some gas left in him. Let him run it out. If Tito is sanctioned to fight with 8 fractured f*cking skulls, I'm sure Diego has some left in him to soundly get by ross, maybe a few others in the division.

He will crush Pearson.

You're out of your mind, and I like Diego too. Pearson is too technical and has heavy hands, I'll be surprised if he doesn't stop Diego. I hope he retires after this fight, he's starting to get punchy and I'd rather not see him getting hurt any further.

The thing that stands out about Sanchez now is that he pretty much only has one way to win a fight, and that's basically getting the shit beaten out of himself until there's an opening or two he can exploit and not lose "really badly".... but still lose

The only fight he's been in recently where that DIDN'T happen was the Gomi fight and IMO he was gifted that decision

The guy is a danger to himself and is horribly painful to watch. It's like watching a movie about a tough, dumb kid that get's parkinsons in his early 40's....

He lands punches only when he's literally windmilling and can't get anyone down or keep them there if they slip ...

And yes... he sounds drunk all the time

The thing that stands out about Sanchez now is that he pretty much only has one way to win a fight, and that's basically getting the shit beaten out of himself until there's an opening or two he can exploit and not lose "really badly".... but still lose

The only fight he's been in recently where that DIDN'T happen was the Gomi fight and IMO he was gifted that decision

The guy is a danger to himself and is horribly painful to watch. It's like watching a movie about a tough, dumb kid that get's parkinsons in his early 40's....

He lands punches only when he's literally windmilling and can't get anyone down or keep them there if they slip ...

And yes... he sounds drunk all the time

This whole brain damage thing started a few years back and it's not entirely true.

If you watch some of his fights during the initial run at welterweight, around the time when he beat the shit out of Nick Diaz and Parisyan, you'll notice in nearly every post fight interview that he's unpolished in his speech. Public speaking has never been his strong point.

Sanchez vs Trujillo

Sanchez vs Lauzon for 1 round

Really though it'd be good to see him hang them up now. People are blasting him, talking a lot of shit, but there were so many people on his nuts when he first moved to 155 and a lot of people thought his heart/crazy factor would break BJ and he could be the champ. He improved his hands, he looked strong at 155, and his switch in camp seemed to do him well. Now that he's on his losing streak, everyone is saying he sucks. The guy has provided us with some of the funnest fights in mma. I don't get where people have the nerve to talk shit about him. He challenged for the belt against arguable the best LW of all time. He's never given up in a fight, and he always comes to fight. He's a little crazy, I wouldn't like to have a conversation with him, but the guy is a fighter through and through.

He's not the most technical, but he does everything he can to win the fight. That's always been enough for me.

Diego only landed a significant blow in Gil in 15 minutes, and only because it was a knockdown people here talk like as if it was something special.

This.

He dropped and almost subbed Gil. Diego was unfazed by Gil and brought the fight to him. No shame in his loss to Gil.

Lol wut? "Almost subbing" someone is like "almost winning" a race (you lose). Unfazed by Gil? wut? Your post baffles me and makes me wonder if you and I watched the same fight.

I remember back then, Diego was a fucken beast man. He was really good until he ran into BJ Penn. after that fight, I thought he was gonna comeas back and become champion. He was my favorite fighter and I still do kinda believe in him but my brain says, he's gonna lose to Ross Pearson. Like someone said, I'll be surprise if Pearson doesn't stop him. My heart says Diego though.

This.

Lol wut? "Almost subbing" someone is like "almost winning" a race (you lose). Unfazed by Gil? wut? Your post baffles me and makes me wonder if you and I watched the same fight.
If I recall, Diego almost locked Gil in a submission. Unfazed by Gil, yea he was telling Gil to come at him and walked him down. I will go watch it and post the time where this all happens.

Your almost subbing logic is stupid. This is what these forums are about. Making speculations. If Diego had a better hold, he could of won. Don't act as if you don't use the could of or should of in your life. Get off your high horse buddy.

Oh and yea, there's other people posting in this same thread that say the same thing I said about Diego almost subbing and knocking down Gil. What fight were we watching? Oh yea, the actual one unlike you were.

I'm not a big fan of Diego and hopefully he knows that he has put a lot of mileage on his career..BUT...I like him in this fight because Pearson tends to fade away on the later rounds and Diego is a slow starter and picks up on the later rounds.

1. It doesn't matter what you or I think. What matters is the "history books" records. Diego is 2-3 in his last 5.

2. He dropped and almost subbed Gil. Diego was unfazed by Gil and brought the fight to him. No shame in his loss to Gil.

3. The selfish part of me will like to see him fight forever but Diego is getting "up there". All jokes aside, I've noticed his speech are becoming slurred. That's a bad sign. If he loses to Ross then I wouldn't be too sad if he hangs 'em up.

Gil took 5 years off of Diego's life.

Diego's actually the fighter that got me into MMA. Loved his insane pace and just in your face grit

He never evolved with the game. He might have actually devolved, and honestly it's pretty sad to see him fight nowadays

Pearson has good hands, and Diego's face will accumulate even more scar tissue this Saturday night

Lets not forget the Juggernaut fight which was supposed to be a 5 rounder. Diego broke him in the third and wouldve finished it if Uncle Dana didnt f up.
War Diego!

Sanchez beat Kampmann 29-28

Let him fight till he doesn't want to any more or loses 4/5 in a row legit.

Lets not forget the Juggernaut fight which was supposed to be a 5 rounder. Diego broke him in the third and wouldve finished it if Uncle Dana didnt f up.
War Diego!

very true

Back