Sanchez backs Jackson/Wink in Cerrone beef

Sanchez backs Winkeljohn's assertion that Cowboy was rarely ever even there the passed few years.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/ufc-sanchez-responds-cerrone-jackson-wink-mma-criticism

@cowboycerrone had been so busy building his empire the past three four years and he’s done a fantastic job doing it but that’s been his focus he’s never been here!!! Maybe a grappling class here or there a sparring every 6 months??? That’s not a team mate it’s just someone who is out only for themselves. I’d try to give him a round if we crossed paths here or there the last time he got me real good with a side kick to the liver …. I see it all!! I treat this like a job 9-5 I come everyday I stay when everyone leaves to rest and eat.. so I see it all!! and in the past ten years cowboy never went out of his way to help me get ready for a fight not ounce! That’s why I posted previous about why I was #teamplatinum @platinummikeperry is here to give me rounds if I need them and helped me more in one camp than cowboy did in ten years

Wasn’t Sanchez mad a while ago that they started training and giving more time to gsp that he left..... ironic of Sanchez to say this , don’t know enough about the situation to take a side but it really is funny Sanchez of all people is saying this

Ok but why bitch and complain about it and make it personal on the JRE? Why not just be glad to be out of there and announce he's leaving and going to a new camp? He's apparently been mostly doing his own thing for years now.

He's been doing mostly his own thing for years, but he's still been paying Jackson the whole time. So he was with that team for like a decade, still paying jackson, yet now they accept to coach a new guy against him.

what bridges, jackson/winklejohn is a shit camp nowadays. and as he said, he made his own camp because winklejohn took over and all that
Then I would think he shouldn't be so mad if it's a shit camp.
Sounds like a lot of stuff needed saying for a long time and didn't get said. Now it's BOOM.
Shite sounds real petty, from both sides, imo.

In the JRE episode with Cerrone it was pretty obvious that Cerrone is a complete douchebag. One of the things he said was that he liked starting fights when he was out partying, he would do this by hitting on girls he KNEW had boyfriends. What the fuck dude??!! I have been rooting against him since that.

He seems to struggle with being an ignorant redneck, while also being a pretty smart and capable guy.

Did I miss hear or did Cowboy himself say he hasn't been there and did so because of the way Stinklejohn has changed the place?

You didn't mishear. That's why this thread is strange. It says diego backs jackson and wink, but what he's saying lines up exactly with what Cowboy said.

Ok but why bitch and complain about it and make it personal on the JRE? Why not just be glad to be out of there and announce he's leaving and going to a new camp? He's apparently been mostly doing his own thing for years now.

I think bc he wants it how it use to be... Didn’t he only start to drift away as the gym changed ?

And didn’t Diego leave for a period of time?? Bc he wasn’t getting something specific? Or GSP was there more and they took him over Diego.... I could be wrong, but it seems Jackson-Wink has more of th set issues than any other gym...
And it all seems to end bitterly...

GSP and Diego
Rashad and JBJ
Arlovski and Browne
Cowboy and Perry
Condit and GSP

Arlovski and Browne got very close from what I can find... and now they don’t speak I believe.

It all seems weird that their is animosity bf, during and after all of these situations - expect maybe condit /GSP

Seems like Sanchez is angling for a fight with Cerrone. He’s gonna defend the honor of Wink. Eye roll. I’d watch the fight though!

Sanchez backing Winklejohn is a win for Cerrone in my book. You did something wrong if Sanchez is on your side.

You didn't mishear. That's why this thread is strange. It says diego backs jackson and wink, but what he's saying lines up exactly with what Cowboy said.

I rest my case.

Diego has always been one to put on some exciting performances, but he also has an IQ on par with a Tommy Boy or a Forrest Gump!

Last ten years?? Diego hasnt been there for 10 years. He left because they ditched him for GSP

Fair points. Still a bit awkward that they will likely be cornering Platinum against Cowboy. But life goes on.

I think it odd Diego is piping off at the mouth about this shit considering that his head coach, Greg Jackson, let gsp train there when Diego was considered a ww contender.

Jackson is not loyal.

I think we’re missing the point here that Cerrone moved on to built his own gym at his ranch.

Why he’s so salty now?

What did he expect? JW to never coach anyone on his same weight just in case they have to fight each other?

He moved on, or at least that’s what it looked like...

Cerrone always shitting on people who doesn’t deserved it, he always taking everything and everyone to his advantage, and if people don’t follow up his ass, he gets mad.

Cowboy is 100% correct in saying Jackson Wink has turned from top gym with 90% win rate to becoming the American SBG. It is obvious something has gone terribly wrong for the gym for their absurd decline. If Cowboy is saying bullshit then what explanation do you have for what that happened over there?

On the other hand Tyson Pedro mentioning on his podcast that Cowboy would take fighters to the ranch to help them out when they couldn't afford to train at Jackson Wink full time. That makes Winklejohn's claim that Cowboy has never helped anybody in Jackson Wink for 10 years extremely unbelievable. He also claimed that Cowboy was pulling fighters and coaches away from the gym, then isn't that helping them?

Cerrone said that Jackson-Wink had become a madhouse with no structure in place where anyone with a screw loose could walk in and put money down and immediately start sparring too hard with the pros and give them injuries. Whereas in the old days, the pros and more serious members would have their own corner and newcomers would have to prove themselves first before joining the pro classes. That was probably one of the reasons why Cerrone broke off to start BMF gym.

Somehow Diego is not the guy I'm looking to for intellectual evaluation

He who gets the last word wins

Sanchez isn't even saying anything, he's just circlejerking his team. He's saying Cowboy wasn't there lately because he's building his own camp and that's exactly what Cowboy said.

Diego seems like the type of guy who wants to be on the right side, so he defends the side he's on.

So in other words Diego is working there and getting those puppy mill dollars? Sounds like as Joe Lauzon becoming a Zuffa shill in hopes of getting a job with the organization when he's done.

Sounds like even TJ was a better team mate than Cowboy is.
It is almost like these guys have this crazy notion in their heads that they aren't playing a team sport and they are only focusing on what will work best for them!!!

Back