Social San Francisco Is A Literal S***hole, Public Defecation Map Reveals

The wife has some weird hardon for that city but i find it completely overrated.

What'd you do when you go there?

I believe the OP though. The homeless problem in the bay area is out of control, and it's not uncommon to smell piss and shit around downtown (don't even need to name a specific city; SF, Oakland, Berkeley... plenty of urine to go around).

Yeah, Cali seems out of control with this shit (pun intended).

Locals have become increasingly alarmed by the rapid spread of unregulated squatters and their belongings and their waste.

As a cyclist who uses the trail to ride to the beach often, over this last year it has gotten substantially worse. It is unsafe and unsanitary with loose dogs everywhere and human fecal matter scattered on the trail.

The area is disgusting and reeks of trash and feces.

He reports that the bike trail, once popular with outdoors enthusiasts and families which runs for miles to beaches along the Pacific Ocean, has become unsafe as miscreants plot assaults and robberies on passing riders, even laying tripwires across the path. -Dan Lyman

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-17/californias-homeless-problem-revealed-one-incredible-video

I think public defecation actually provides us a good test of where we each fall on the humanity scale.

If you were to see a person drop trou and take a shit in a public place would your first reaction be:

a) Thank God I have a home and a toilet to shit in.

b) That sort of filthy behavior deserves some serious punishment.

Definitely B.

Unless public toilets are outlawed in your country.

I find it funniest that someone put forth the time and effort to collect the data of that, and then compile it in an easy to understand graphic lol

Probably a tech worker who had the poor luck of stepping on human feces again and again.

You're very wrong about this part ^. Architecturally, the Bay Area sucks.

We'll there is more to see than the big building. The Bay and islands are amazing not to mention the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge. There are some wonderful neighborhoods throughout the area and some incredible vistas. Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge on a sunny day is a treat for the eyes. Heading to the top of the East Bay hill at sunset or on a clear night is something you will never forget. Bay Area is damn beautiful.

We'll there is more to see than the big building. The Bay and islands are amazing not to mention the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge. There are some wonderful neighborhoods throughout the area and some incredible vistas. Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge on a sunny day is a treat for the eyes. Heading to the top of the East Bay hill at sunset or on a clear night is something you will never forget. Bay Area is damn beautiful.

True. The entire Western coastline is amazing. IMO the Vancouver area is the most beautiful.

Definitely B.

Unless public toilets are outlawed in your country.

In my experience most establishments limit use of restroom facilities to paying customers. Particularly in areas where the homeless are prevalent.

it really is so disappointing what has happened to SF and what is happening to so cal as a whole.

When I was in high school I dreamed of living and working in SF. It's so beautiful. The culture was so vibrant. Now it's an actual literal shithole, completely saturated with the homeless, parading naked gay men everywhere. It's so fucking bizarre. It used to be the pearl of the west coast. Now it's slowly deteriorating into the detroit of the west coast with 100x the housing costs.

I like Fort Point and that area for hanging around the Golden Gate Bridge. Walking down the steps where the Coit Tower is and then eating at the Il Fornaio there is another good one. Or Yerba Buena Gardens (and there's a cool tea place there that I know the owner of). My favorite lunch spot is the Slanted Door (great cocktails, too).

it really is so disappointing what has happened to SF and what is happening to so cal as a whole.

When I was in high school I dreamed of living and working in SF. It's so beautiful. The culture was so vibrant. Now it's an actual literal shithole, completely saturated with the homeless, parading naked gay men everywhere. It's so fucking bizarre. It used to be the pearl of the west coast. Now it's slowly deteriorating into the detroit of the west coast with 100x the housing costs.

Not even close. It's a beautiful city.

I like Fort Point and that area for hanging around the Golden Gate Bridge. Walking down the steps where the Coit Tower is and then eating at the Il Fornaio there is another good one. Or Yerba Buena Gardens (and there's a cool tea place there that I know the owner of). My favorite lunch spot is the Slanted Door (great cocktails, too).

Not even close. It's a beautiful city.
The one time I visited and walked around downtown, the streets were literally lined on both sides with homeless people harassing everyone. This wasn't a shitty area. High end shopping. Sure, from an aerial view the city is physically beautiful. I don't think anyone can contest that. It's a different story from the street level however.

The one time I visited and walked around downtown, the streets were literally lined on both sides with homeless people harassing everyone. This wasn't a shitty area. High end shopping. Sure, from an aerial view the city is physically beautiful. I don't think anyone can contest that. It's a different story from the street level however.

Meh. Maybe you went on a bad day or there was some kind of event. I go in weekly, and my observation is very different.

SF sucks ass - considering the demographics that isn't surprising.

I've been to San Fran many times. Good place to visit, shitty place to live

Well they aren't really new.

San Francisco used to be equal parts blue collar workers, white-collar professional, college kids, and drop-out hippies. Now it's almost like the city decided to take all of those things and smash them into a single stereotype: the flannel-wearing college-dropout white-collar professional.

I think public defecation actually provides us a good test of where we each fall on the humanity scale.

If you were to see a person drop trou and take a shit in a public place would your first reaction be:

a) Thank God I have a home and a toilet to shit in.

b) That sort of filthy behavior deserves some serious punishment.

Why not both?

Can't begrudge someone for not having a toilet , but a modicum of discretion would be nice. Shitting behind a bush or dumpster is one thing......on the curb between two cars another. Also , Not a napkin in sight in that Jake shields pic.....nasty crusty assed mofo

Whoever pooped on the Contemporary Jewish Museum should be prosecuted for a hate crime.

If San Fran wasn’t desirable it wouldn’t be expensive and crowded. A lot of people want to live in that shithole, regardless of its faults.

Back